Chapter 3: Cygnus

Cygnus Black was the youngest son of Pollux and Irma. He was also the favourite of his father. He often got away with everything easily. Cygnus pretended to be the a good boy but he wasn't so good. He loved doing mischief. And getting everything he wanted. Just for himself. The best meal, the best robes, the best gifts.

Cygnus also hated Orion. That little bastard. He was his cousin or second cousin. But Cygnus really couldn't stand him. He was a weirdo and a creep. And Cygnus was pretty sure he had a thing for his sister.

"Why won't you let me play with you?" a five year old Orion had asked.
"Because you are weird" Cygnus answered.
"And you will spoil all the fun" Alphard added.
Orion left with hate in his eyes.
The two boys giggled.
Later Orion set their shoes on fire with his "uncontrolled" magic. Cygnus knew it was planned he intended to do it. He simply didn't like Orion and him and Alphard made his life impossible whenever they could.

                             (..............)

Briefly after he graduated from Hogwarts, Cygnus accompanied his father to the Ministry of Magic. His father, well actually The Blacks had good relations there. Pollux wanted to introduce Cygnus to the Minister of Magic himself. Mr. Leonard Spencer- Moon. A little wizard with a big mustache.
"Minister" Pollux said smiling "I want you to meet my youngest, Cygnus"
"Oh Pollux" The Minister said looking at the boy "He is good looking, just like his father"
"Is nice to meet you Minister" Cygnus made a bow "And very well educated as well" The Minister said "Well done Mr. Black"
"Minister I would like to highly recommend..." Pollux processed but Cygnus wasn't listening anymore. Passing by, he saw the most beautiful girl he had even seen.
"Oh yes... The Muggles ... They let themselves got killed on their war.... Dragged wizards along.... Stupid wizards trying to help them...."
Cygnus couldn't catch the rest. He was infatuated with this girl. Blond hair, cloroured cheeks. Wearing green robes and a hat. Cygnus watched her walk. Looking around. Suddenly one of her heels broke. She cursed under her breath. Nobody seemed to noticed her. Nobody helped her. Holy shit! This was Cygnus chance.
"Father" Cygnus interrupted.
Both Pollux and The Minister looked at him.
"Can I go to the loo?"
Pollux looked puzzled "Yes, Cygnus" he falsely smiled "But come back quickly"

Cygnus followed the girl. She sat on a seat near by. Clearly annoyed by her shoe.
"Would you want help with that miss?"
The girl looked at him. She had blue eyes and her lips were painted the perfect shade of red. Cygnus wondered how her lips tasted.
"Oh thank you sir" she said "Bloody shoe. It had to broke today, hadn't it?"
Cygnus caught a weird accent from her. Cygnus loved her voice.
"Don't worry" he said smiling "That sort of things happen"
He took out his wand and flicked his wand. The heel rejoined the shoe with no problem.
"It was a simple spell really ma'am" he said smiling.
"Oh well I'm under age. I'm not supposed to do magic. Specially in the Ministry. What a boomer" she fixed her hair blushing "Thank you kind sir, nobody was willing to help me"
"How can I not help a beautiful lady like you?"
She blushed. She looked adorable "Oh thank you"
Cygnus found himself staring at her. She was so beautiful.
"What's your name?"
"Druella? Druella Rosier"
Cygnus smiled "I'm Cygnus Black. Nice meeting you"
He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Druella went very red.
"Well I should probably get back" she said awkwardly "My father would be wondering where I am"
"Your father works here?" Cygnus asked.
"Yes" the girl answered smiling "He just got transferred. We used to live in France. And now I'm gonna work here for the summer. I have to make a good first impression, you know? Thank you for the heel"
"No problem Miss Rosier"
"Please call me Druella"
She smiled and stood up ready to leave.
"Do you think I can take you out somewhere, Druella?"
Druella smiled "Well. I don't mean to be rude sir..."
"Cygnus"
"Cygnus... But I just met you. How can I ever..."
"Please?" Cygnus sounded kind of desperate.
Druella played with her hair. Biting her lip to avoid smiling.
"Leaky Cauldron. Friday. 6 pm. Don't be late, Cygnus"
And she left. Turning to look at him. And that was it. Cygnus was infatuated with her.

                                (..............)

"I can tell you Al. She is so dreamy. So beautiful. You should've had seen her"
Cygnus lied on his brother's bed. Smiling like a fool.
"Rosier, Rosier... Are they a good family?"
"Yeah... I heard they are really important in France" Alphard answered.
"Great. I reckon I will marry her"
Alphard rolled his eyes. He was rolling himself a joint.
"Since when do you do that?" Cygnus asked.
"Since now" Alphard said taking a drag "Want some?"
"Please Alphard. I will never do such thing. It damages your brain"
"Whatever" Alphard answered clearly into the drug.
"You will have to be properly behaved Al. You can still catch the train. I reckon some bird might want to marry you" Cygnus said sitting down and fixing his robes.
"Who would want to get married, when there's so much to do?"
Cygnus looked at his brother puzzled "Like what?"
"Literally anything..."
"Honestly brother. I think that thing is damaging your brain"
"Just fluffing around..." Alphard said coming to his senses "Don't tell me that mother and father washed your brain already"
"What are you talking about?" Cygnus said annoyed "Is the right thing to do, is it not? Honestly what's wrong with you?" 
"Just because you are the Golden boy, Cygnus. You have everything so easy. Whatever you do father and mother are preaching you"
"That's not true"
"Yes it is"
"You're being irrational..."
"Cygnus just think about it, we can run away together and do what we please..."
"SHUT UP! ALPHARD!" Cygnus screamed "You're clearly insane for all the drugs you swallow. Brother, we are the Noble and Most Ancient..."
"House of Black" Alphard finished rolling his eyes.
"Well we are" Cygnus continued "Isn't it something to be proud of?"

Cygnus was prepared to leave when his brother spoke.
"Brother, what if Druella was out of reach?"
Cygnus turned puzzled.
"What?"
"What if she was a muggleborn or something that our parents despise. What would you do then?"
"Oh please Al, you know I would never set my eyes on a filthy mudblood"
"It could happen"
"Honestly brother, the drugs are damaging your brain"
And Cygnus left.

                               (..............)

It had been two years of dating Druella. She was so perfect. Cygnus was pretty sure he wanted to marry her. His parents were okay with it. Cygnus was the only one of their children who eventually did right. Walburga was doing Merlin knows what in Paris. And Alphard had become a hopeless junky. Cygnus hoped he could find the right path again and marry some girl soon.

After they got married. Cygnus was so happy, he had the loveliest wife. Cygnus became jelaous of every fucking asshole who dared touch her, looked at her. Druella was only his. But Druella was super affectionate with everyone, she practically flirted with random wizards.

Cygnus saw how that bartender Tom something, the owner of the place, looked at her.
"A butterbeer please" she asked smiling at him. Like fucking Cygnus wasn't there at all. His blood boiled.
"Right away Miss" he smiled back.
Cygnus looked at that filthy half blood with hate.
"Are you okay Cygnus?" Druella asked him.
"Are you seriously doing this in front of me?"
"What are you talking about?"
Cygnus didn't answer. Instead he clinched his fist.
"There you go, Miss" the lad gave her the butterbeer smiling.
"Thank you kindly"
Cygnus launched to grab that asshole's robes.
"YOU DARE LOOK AT MY WIFE IN FRONT OF ME!"
"Woaw... What the hell mate?"
"Cygnus..." Druella begged.
"DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME MATE, YOU FILTHY HALF BLOOD. YOUR BLOOD IS CONTAMINATED BY THE MUGGLE ONE. SHE WILL NEVER BE YOURS"
The bloke looked at Cygnus with fear.
"Cygnus please" Druella said
But Cygnus already took out his wand.
"STUPIFY!" he yelled and Tom flew away getting unconscious. Many people gasped.
Cygnus took his wife's arm dragging her outside.

Just like he always did as a child, Cygnus loved to be the center of attention. Of his parents, of his brother. When he wasn't, Cygnus simply exploted. He remembered one time he almost set his mother's hair on fire, just because she denied him another portion of dessert.
He was better. Just because he was a Black. Just because he was a better Black than his siblings. And Druella needed to fucking understand that.

"Cygnus you are hurting me" Druella cried.
Cygnus stopped walking. He looked furiously at her wife. The look in her eyes were of fear. Cygnus relaxed.
"You're not allowed to flirt with anyone else" he said
"I wasn't"
"YOU'RE ONLY MINE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" he screamed. Like a child having a huff.
"If you ever cheat on me I would have to kill you Druella"
She looked at him with fear. The realization of what her husband really was.
"I would do never do that, love" she said between tears.
Cygnus sighed and hugged her. Druella sobbing on his shoulder "I'm sorry. I love you Dru. I really do. We are going to happy together. So happy" and he patted her back.