Chapter 5: Walburga

⚠️ Violence, Depression and Suicidal thoughts

Paris wasn't as Walburga expected. Her life didn't change at all. Perhaps England wasn't the problem, she was. Cassiopeia was instructed that her niece should only assist to magic painting classes. Never leave the flat alone and never relate with nothing but purebloods. Or else Walburga had to return. But Wally didn't have luck at Paris at all. The young wizards and witches she met also hated her, made fun of her behind her back. The same thing as in Hogwarts. 

She detested all those plastic french blokes. 

Until Cassiopeia introduced her to a wizard called Elliot Cornillac. A 40 year old pureblood who showed interest in her. Walburga found him boring, but he was a nice, rich, pureblood. Elliot could give her a nice life away from her family.  

Auntie Cassie was not as strict as her parents. Wally actually got along with her. 

Unfortunately Cassiopeia passed away in November 1958 she was too old and she smoked a lot. Walburga was 33 years old when she got engaged to Elliot. But before she got married. She returned to England for her auntie's funeral. 

And unfortunately she never returned to Paris. 

                                     (..........)

On March 1959, The Black Family held a funeral for Cassiopeia Black. It was all for appearances. It seemed that nobody liked her. It was also the day Walburga returned after 14 years in Paris. Sure she exchanged letters with her parents, sometimes her brothers, but they weren't so often. Walburga could hear how everyone criticized her auntie. Walburga saw her parents, her uncle Artucus, her aunt Melania. Lucretia was grabbing the arms of a chubby little wizard that appeared to be her husband. What a bitch. She always said she was going to end up marrying someone better. 

Cygnus was with his wife Druella. And three girls, Walburga had never met. 

Cygnus introduced the oldest one (about eight years old) as Bellatrix. 

"Is a pleasure auntie" she said making a bow "Father has told us all about you" 

Walburga smiled slightly. She had always hated children. 

The second girl was about 5 or 6. Andromeda. She made a silent nod. And the little one was 4 years old. Narcissa. A girl who was hiding behind her sister. 

"Well they are..." Wally didn't know what to say "Lovely..."

"Congratulations sister" Cygnus said "I heard you are finally engaged. Good call before we see spider webs on your belly" 

Cygnus laughed. Walburga looked at his brother with hate. 

"Cygnus!" Druella protested quietly. 

"Please Cygnus don't be rude" Alphard said a smile on his face. He seemed more confident than before. 

"Alphard, good to see you brother" Walburga said fakely. 

"I say the same thing" he answered.

"Of course you defend her Al" Cygnus continued "You're going to end up just like her, marrying at the age of fourty, I believe?" 

"What I do with my life is not your business, little brother" Alphard answered politely. 

"Yes Cygnus, you are a great example in life, do you?" Walburga said "What do you think Druella, a good husband, you reckon?"

Druella went pale for some reason. She opened her mouth to respond but she didn't. 

"That's enough dear sister" Cygnus said with bitterness "Girls, why don't you to play or something?" he said to his daughters "Bellatrix take your sisters to play"