Chapter 2: Alphard

Alphard was the second son of Pollux and Irma. The sentitive boy of the family. He never got along with Walburga. She was clearly insane. Alphard and Cygnus got a better relationship. They used to play together as kids. Although Cygnus got away with mostly everything. Pollux had a clear preference for him. The Golden boy. But their parents didn't know the little devil he actually was.

Anyway, Alphard loved his brother. They would usually make pranks to Orion. He was really weird, a creep actually. Who prefered the company of the girls. Specially Walburga, which was super weird. And they loved to see his reactions.

(..............)

But Alphard's life changed when he was 14. Alphard got the habit of scaping his Slytherin mates and go to the Astronomy Tower to think. One day, he went to do so, finding a Gryffindor lying back on the Astronomy Tower's floor.

"Hiyaa there!" the Gryffindor said.

Alphard jumped. He didn't noticed the student there. The boy stood up yawing.

"Sorry" he said smiling "I was having a relaxing nap"

Alphard didn't answer. For him and his friends, Gryffindors were pure imbeciles. Reckless assholes that didn't think before acting.

The boy lit a cigarette. Alphard's father smoked but Alphard never found it attractive. Until now.

"Sorry, do you want some?" the boy offered it.

Alphard took it without thinking. He was very stupid as a kid. Accepting practically anything. Just to be accepted. His sister Walburga had left a really bad reputation for the Blacks. Alphard wanted to proof he was cool.

He took a drag and immediately coughed.

The boy laughed. "First time?"

Alphard nodded. "You'll get used to it. I reckon"

The boy looked at Alphard. He noticed he had really intense green eyes. Alphard was hypnotized by them. Shit perhaps he was getting dizzy already.

"Ranjit Bakshi" the boy extended his hand.

"Alphard Black" he responded awkwardly.

"One of the Black kids, ha?"

"What's wrong with that?" Alphard asked annoyed.

"Nothing, is that you have a reputation" he said "Your sister has"

Alphard knew all the rumours surrounding his sister.

"None of them are true. We are normal. Just like you. Or more than you, actually"

Who this kid think he was?

"I hope so" he said smiling "I don't want to be normal. I want to be original. Do great things in life"

Alphard didn't answer. He simply looked at the Gryffindor with disgust. His parents would hate if Alphard befriend a boy like that.

"Gryffindors are weird"

Ranjit laughed "Is that what the Slytherins think of us?"

"We are right, don't we?"

Ranjit shook his head laughing.

"Well you are different from them Alphard. From all the Slytherins. You actually spoke to me without insulting me, that's good" he turned off the cig "I guess I'll see you around"

And he left. Alphard thought he was a weirdo.

(..............)