Chapter 34

Recap from Chapter 32

"Hey man" he said, walking around the room and opening a few of Eri's drawers "I'm sorry I'm just really curious as to what you girls have in these insane amount of drawers" he said, as Maeve gave him a nasty look. He opened the last drawer he needed to to complete the endeavor and pulled out a cassette and a little wooden box.

"Hey dude I found your tape, pretty easily may I add. Look this there its says Charlie" He said, as he put the tape in my hand that had a case with my name on it.

I turned to Maeve puzzled, and she went red like a lobster.

____________________________________________________________________

[Three days after Eri left for Paris - Look for Pancakes for dinner by Lizzy McAlpine and listen to it for for full effect/And Charlie's cassette chapter ofc]

[Charlie's POV]

"Maeve, what is this? Why would she say that she didn't have it?"  I asked her, and I could feel my heart beating faster than ever.

"Yeah babe that's weird why wouldn't you tell me?" Owen chimed in, looking at her confused and hurt.

"Ok but this is my moment man" I said, frantically shaking my head at him and then turning to her again, "So? Are you going to tell me?"

"I don't know if I should Charlie, I really want to but I don't know"

"Come on Maeve I'm getting tired of this"

"I'm not telling you anything." She said, and made her way out of the room towards the living room. I followed her out trying to fight the urge to shout at her and saw that she grabbed her computer and sat down on the living room couch.

"Give me those" she said, pointing at a pair of headphones that were in a little table under where the TV hung from the wall. I passed her the headphones, and she plugged them into the computer. She then got up leaving it there and signed with her head for me to grab it. She then took Owen to her room, before they went in she gifted me a complicit smile and said "I hope this helps you understand why she didn't give it to you."

I sat down and put on the headphones.

"Charlie's" by Eri <3 - the title of the playlist read. I clicked on the shuffle symbol and sat there listening. After an hour or so Maeve got out of the room.

"So? Do you get it?" she asked, sitting next to me with Eri's notebook in her hand.

"Yeah, kinda" I replied, still a little shocked and moved "But she did this before the whole Lily fiasco. What if she doesn't feel the same way now? She was pretty adamant Maeve, she wanted me far away. Matthew, he said-"

Maeve then put the notebook in my hands.

"Look at the date in the last few pages" she said, and smiled at me.

I looked up on the top of the 10 last pages. The first 6 were from the day we went to the lake and the other 4 from the day she left.

Don't wanna be forward

Don't wanna cross a line

But if I were to crash in this plane tonight

I'd want you to know this

Don't wanna say too much

Intrude on your space

But if I were to crash and I never made it home