Chapter 16

I waited for Maddie's response, my hands on the mouse pad, ready for the next move. Instead, she called me, so I had to leave my laptop aside. Maybe it was a sign.

"Hey girl, how are you??" she said, when I picked up, "I'm sorry about last night. I'm trying to find the balance between being friends with both you and Charlie"

"You have nothing to be sorry about" I said, smiling again at how amazing this girl was.

"You sound chipper, am I missing something?" she said, and the tone of her voice became more playful.

"You are missing a lot actually, come here at our apartment I'll tell you guys all about it"

20 minutes later Maddie was at my place. I already woke Sav up so I could update them both.

"So girls, there's a lot to unpack but I'll just make it short and sweet and you can ask questions after I'm done If you even have any" they looked at each other confused and then at me.

"Ok, spill it" Sav said, "We're ready."

"Last night a number of things happened and the events made their way into this morning. So I'll start with the irrelevant stuff and go into the important ones. I texted Matthew, he replied, almost went to his place, but luckily I was interrupted by a very angry Owen that lectured me back into reality and now I'm literally a new person. Before that I fought with Charlie, and he told me I was no use, and that he was giving up on me. So that's the story. Oh, also, Maeve is staying here working with the costume department"

Both the girls jaws dropped.

"You seriously can't expect us to just take this without asking for details" Savannah said, "I want the whole story from the top and be thorough."

After I told them the whole story again they stayed in silence trying to understand how much happened in so little time.

"So why was Owen mad at you?" Sav asked

"Because I made Maeve sad" I replied

"Simp" Mads said, "Nah just kidding that's sweet" I shook my head at her smiling.

"So you got Maeve a job to make up to her?" Sav continued.

"Exactly." I replied again, nodding my head.

"And both Charlie and Owen basically told you to get your ish together" She sentenced.

"Precisely" I sentenced back.

"We all are really dramatic kids, aren't we?" Sav finally said.

"Yes we are indeed" I replied.

"So, how are you feeling about the whole Charlie thing?" Mads asked. My first instinct was to just say I was happy and that he didn't owe me anything but I tried to follow Owen's advice and find my truth.

"You know I don't really know. I am happy for him and I can genuinely say that. But I also hate it. A lot. I really like him and I blew it. And I'm also furious at him for snapping at me like that, he made me feel like Matthew made me feel when he yelled at me. And the thing I hate the most is he had a reason for it"

"Hallelujah" Sav said, putting her arms in the air "It was hard, but we finally got here ladies and gentlemen"

I rolled my eyes at her and laughed.

"What do you mean?" Mads asked, looking up at her with her eyebrows frowned.

"She means" A voice coming from the front door started answering the question as it came closer to the living room "That Eri finally realized she was scared of being vulnerable again all along"