Chapter 48

"Mave's here!!!" my mom squealed as we got out of the car.

"Maeve dear!" the nasal voice of Donna came from inside the house and through the door. She grabbed her by the shoulders with her cigarette still in her right hand and kissed both her cheeks, "We've missed you so much! Me and Matthew talked about you a lot when he was here" Maeve turned to me and rolled her eyes a little smiling and then reciprocated my aunt's embrace.

"I see you still hold on to that sick, sick habit aunt Donna" she said, making a disgusted face over her shoulder but when their faces met she granted her a smile, "Where are my favorite little goblins?" Maeve exclaimed when she spotted the twins on the other side of the house, covered in dirt. As they heard their nickname they ran to her "It's so good to be back" she said, as the two kids who had just jumped on her started to braid her hair.

We spent the whole afternoon telling stories about set and talking about Owen and Charlie like two high schoolers much to my aunt's disdain.

"So is that boy coming?"

"Which one?"

"Your boyfriend dear. Charlie." My mom said as she handed me a cup of tea.

"Not my boyfriend" I mumbled as I took a sip looking at Maeve, my eyes screaming for help.

"Oh he couldn't make it. Too much work! He has a big part on the show" she said "He is going to be a big star, really talented guy" Donna rolled her eyes. Her answer was so perfect I almost jumped on her to kiss her.

"What a shame!" my dad said, "I was looking forward to meeting the guy" I had to stop myself from shivering at his comment.

"Owen is coming tho!" I told mum, realizing I hadn't yet, "Maeve is really excited for all of you guys to meet him, so I expect y'all to be on your best behavior."

"When are we not?" My dad said and let out a big cackle. I squinted my eyes at him, after squinted his eyes back at me, he turned to Maeve and grabbed her hand, "We'll be saints" he said, smiling up at her.

The two days before Owen got there were a little hectic. My mom loved to have guests, and even tho she loved Maeve wholeheartedly her presence was more like receiving another daughter than a guest. She had us both working on the house and running errands the minute we got there, and more when she found out the blonde boy was paying us a visit.

"Mary I promise Owen doesn't mind if we just put a mattress on the floor next to my bed" Maeve said, as we followed mom into the old barn to get a queen size bed that we got stored from when we changed my bed.

"Yeah right, he'll totally use that if we do" I whispered to myself through a laugh. Maeve elbowed me and opened her eyes at me.

"Oh no beautiful I won't allow that to happen. I want you both to be as comfortable as you can be" She said, opening the rusty doors, "I'm just so happy to have people here again." she said, looking at me, with a smile she didn't gift me with in about two or three years.

"And I want you both to the market to buy some fresh fruit for breakfast tomorrow. Your dad will look for Owen at the airport so you ladies don't have to be up that early."

"Oh I'll go with him, I don't mind" Maeve said.

My mom just looked at us and put her hands on her hips, nodding her head no.

"I don't think John will allow that"

"Oh boy, poor Owen" I said, taking the bed's rest headboard and signing Maeve to grab a giggly Maeve to grab the footboard.

"I'm sure he'll be fine" my mom said, trying to hold in a laugh at the thought of her husband torturing the poor guy.

The next morning at around 7 am we heard the car and Maeve and I ran downstairs. My dad made his way into the house and to the kitchen to grab some coffee and I followed him in, so I could give Maeve some time to recover from her abstinence.