Chapter 6

2 am rolled around and everyone but Eri fell asleep. She and Maddie shared her bed, while Sav and Jadah shared Sav's. The night with the girls was really distracting but once silence came around her troubles came up again. Wanting a way to channel her stress she pulled out her journal and tiptoed to the living room to keep writing that poem she had on stand by the day she met Charlie.

She was almost done. When she started it was about Matthew and the draft looked very different from the one she was now finishing.

Maddie woke up 10 minutes later and went looking for her when she noticed Eri was gone.

"Hey!" she said, rubbing her eyes "Are you ok?"

"Yeah don't worry go back to bed. I'm just writing."

"Oooh what is it? Is it for the show?"

"Oh no, just some silly thing I wrote to help myself understand my own feelings."

Maddie sat down next to her and didn't talk for about 30 seconds. She took a big breath through her nose and said "I'm really sorry if we made you feel uncomfortable with the whole Charlie thing, we just think you would make a great pair. But we get it now"

"No Maddie It's not you or the girls fault at all. And, you guys are not wrong. I don't know him that much but I really do like him a lot. I'm just not ready to get hurt again."

Maddie nodded and they shared a warm smile.

"He may not hurt you, you know?" Maddie said, looking for Eris eyes. After a quick silence she continued "So, want to show me what you are writing?"

"Yes I mean why not, you and Charlie write too right?, maybe you can help me. I think the idea is there I just really want to embellish it, you know? Make it look like an actual poem."

Maddie took her poem and read it carefully. Teary eyed she turned to Eri.

"This is so beautiful Eri. It would make a great song. I think it would actually make a perfect Julie song. Maybe we can pitch it to Kenny"

"You know, we've been talking about how we can make the  scene where Julie reconnects with music more intense. Her just wearing her moms clothes for the first time, even thought its powerful, its not as powerful as a song."

Maddie jumped from the couch "I know maybe you don't want to see him right now, but we need to go see Charlie and get this ready by tomorrow. He is a great writer" she said grabbing her bag and putting on a pair of big fluffy paw slippers.

"I'm in lets do this!" Eri said. Even though seeing Charlie after the talk they had was going to be awkward actually writing something for the show topped it.

............................................................................................................................

They got in the car, drove to Owens and Charlie's place. The doorman opened the door for them as he knew Maddie, and they got in the elevator. Maddie banged on the door and a sleepy, shirtless, Charlie opened the door.

"God this is torture" Eri thought to herself looking down at her feet.

"Put a shirt on nudist, we have work to do" Maddie said, pushing Charlie away and making her way to his room.

Charlie looked at Eri confused, and she just said Hi and followed Maddie in.

"We just want to show you something" she said, walking straight to the room avoiding any type of eye contact.

"Ok, I'll make some coffee and meet you guys there" he said, his eyes puffy and mostly closed. Eri turned around for a second and couldn't help but smile, "You really are trouble" she thought.