Chapter 47

[Eri's POV]

I grabbed my clothes and ran out of set to the bathroom to take off the costume.

Who does he think he is? Did he forget about what happened just a few hours ago?

"Eri please can we talk?" my phone buzzed in my bag.

I was about to unlock it when I heard someone lightly knock.

"Hey" a young man's voice softly said on the other side of the thin wooden plank that served as a door for the stall, "Are you ok?"

"I'm not actually" I said, and I let my body slide on the wall to the bathroom floor, putting my head between my knees. A pair of hands appeared in the floor and then two green eyes looked up at me through a cascade of blonde hair.

"Come out" he said, extending his arm to me, his face almost touching the floor.

"Just because I don't want you catching anything with your face so close to those nasty tiles" I said, slowly coming out of the stall, "How did you come in here anyway?"

"I don't think anybody saw me" he replied putting his hands to his hips and looking around one more time.

I just smiled at him and shook my head before hugging him. He received me and put his arms around me, letting his chin rest in my head.

"I'm sorry I just really needed that right now" I said, finally letting go off him.

"Hey don't be, I liked it." He fidgeted with the buckle of his fanny pack a little and then gained the courage to speak again "I'm really sorry about your dad Eri."

"Thank you" I replied softly and smiled at him "I'm really sorry about this morning."

"No, don't. Charlie is a dumbass" I chuckled at his remark. Owen was surprisingly good at reading me. "I can't believe he pulled that one just now" he continued. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I wish I had the strength to talk to him right now, but I really can't. I was fully expecting for him to say yes, you know?."

Owen just looked down at her feet as if he wanted to say something but couldn't. After flipping his hair looked back up.

"Yeah I'm pretty mad at him myself" he mumbled, "But he is a great guy. Don't rush into talking to him if you don't want to yet, but don't assume things. He is thick not an asshole"

I was about to ask what did he mean when he won me to the race.

"Let's go get Maeve, and we'll all get dinner before you two leave tomorrow" he said, smiling brightly at me.

"I'd love that" I replied looking up at him, "Just the three of us tho. No funny business."

"I promise" he said, and we both walked out of the bathroom.

At dinner Charlie texted me a couple more times, all I answered was what I was doing and where. I tried to keep our relationship as normal as possible. He made the decision that he thought was the best, even if I didn't agree with it or liked it, I felt I had to respect that.

"You are allowed to be mad, you know? I would be." Maeve said, when she saw we were talking normally. Owen just nodded his head and with that I felt entitled to my feelings.

That night Maeve and Owen slept in my room and the two of us happily suffered his snoring until we had to wake up. Before the alarm clock went off I went to prepare some coffee for them, but when she felt me move Maeve followed me into the kitchen.

"You got a great one" I sighed, handing her a cup of coffee.

She just gave me a little smile and put her arm around my waist.

"You think your mom would approve of him?" I smiled at her as she rested her head on my shoulder. I knew she hid it for me but this trip and my dad really meant something important to her too. My family was her family.

"Are you kidding me? Mom would love Owen" I sentenced encouragingly.

"I think your mom would love Charlie too"

"Yes I think so too" I replied, "In another time I guess"

"Have you talked to him yet?"

"Just a couple texts, so he knew what I was doing and vice versa. It's so weird that he is just ignoring the elephant in the room. It's a pretty big one if you ask me."

I suddenly remembered the plane ticket I already booked for Charlie that had no date yet.

"Hey Maeve, go wake Owen" I said, taking my phone out to check our calendar.

"Ok..." she said and made her way to the room.

Once they were both in the kitchen I handed Owen his cup and showed them my phone.

"Ok" I started, "Absolutely no pressure, but I have this ticket, and I know my mom would love to meet Maeve's boyfriend. I know this may be a lot so feel totally free to say no"

"I would LOVE to go" Owen said, giving Maeve a quick kiss "Are you sure it won't be, you know, I don't want to be disrespectful, but you know. I don't want to intrude."

"Owen, you're already family to me" I said as Maeve jumped in my arms.

"I'll take that as a sign we're all on board" I exclaimed, "Let's work out your schedule. I think that if you fly in the next three days and stay for a week there will be almost no issue with filming."

"I think I can even go home for a few days" he said excitedly as he looked in the calendar with me and then up at Maeve that looked at him dreamily.

That afternoon Maeve and I flew out back home and my mom and dad almost jumped on her.

"It's so good to have you back" they said, leaving me behind with our bags.

"John you look great!" Maeve said, putting her arms around my dad's neck, hugging him tightly. My mom turned around and smiled looking at me, that resembled Ekeko with all the bags hanging off of me.

I looked up at them and at the sight of that image I immediately forgot about Vancouver. Nothing mattered to me more than right here, right now.

____________________________________________________________________________

I thought this chapter was cute <3

I hope y'all have a merry Christmas if you celebrate it and happy holidays!

And not to be controversial or anything but I BELIEVE IN THE LONG HAIRED MUSTACHED CHARLIE SUPREMACY.