Chapter 18

The next day I woke up from Owen's snores in the living room with Maeve by my side.

"That boy must be really in love if he stayed here just for to see Maeve in the morning" I thought to myself, "Or maybe Lilly is really loud". I smiled at how my own head tortured me, as if reality wasn't enough as it is. I made my way to the living room and woke up him up to make breakfast.

"Owen, wake up. I'll give you the key to Maeve's heart" I said, shaking him and tapping his head to wake him up, "Come to the kitchen boy" I said, playfully wiggling my eyebrows.

He woke up all groggy and followed me to the kitchen. When I took the peanut butter and the eggs out he jumped back.

"What in god's name are you about to do?" he said, with a grossed out look on his face.

"Just trust me, Maeve loves it. I showed it to her, its ridiculously good" I said, and blew a kiss like a Chef.

"I can't believe other people eat like this" he said, and pretended to gag.

"Other people?" I said, turning around to him in shock.

"Uhm, Charlie, he eats this religiously" he said, turning a little red. I looked at him and burst out laughing. Owen hesitated but then started laughing too.

"Of course he fucking does" I said, rolling my eyes and smiling, "The only other person in this world that does this has to be my other half and I just pushed him away" I continued, still laughing.

"Straight out of a Disney rom-com" He replied and looked at me as if he was proud of me.

"Oh my god no stop you have the Maeve face on, that's crazy" I said, laughing as I cracked the eggs "She looks at me like that when she is happy for me"

He didn't answer but looked and smiled.

"I love living vicariously through the two of you, I'm so glad someone is doing well" I continued "So come here we'll just make the eggs and then melt the peanut butter a little, so we can drizzle it over them"

"This is so gross" he said, as he whisked the eggs.

Maeve came out of the room looking beautiful as always and strutted her way to the kitchen, avoiding the 100 boxes around her, twitching her nose as she came closer because she smelled the eggs.

She let out a big breath "This smells like home", she said smiling at me and grabbing her plate.

"It was all Owen" I said, pointing at him, and he just nodded trying to hide that he was absolutely disgusted at the thought of eating the eggs. She went up to him and kissed him on the cheek, when he opened his mouth to say something she put the fork in his mouth. I could see his face change a million times as he chewed and swallowed.

"Wow, this is absurdly bad" he said, making his way to the bathroom while grabbing his stomach.

"Amateur move" I said, as I saw him walk away, "So, how was your trip beautiful lady" I continued now talking to Maeve.

"It was... something" she said, "Charlie drove really fast with no stops, which I appreciated, but Lilly irked me a little"

"I thought you said she was nice" I said to her, trying to hide my excitement.

"She is too nice Eri. Suspiciously nice. Like if she was trying to compensate for something."

"You are so dramatic."

"Am I ever wrong?" She sentenced back to me. No she wasn't, ever.

"Anyhow, I'm so happy we're living together again. This is the cherry on top for this amazing experience" I drifted the conversation and proceeded to put a bite of eggs in my mouth. As I did that Owen came out of the bathroom and locked eyes with me.

"Nope" he said, and turned around to go back in.

We got ready and made our way to the car and then drove to set. I was so pumped to work again and focus on it, my energy was through the roof literally nothing could stop me. Literally nothing.

So when Charlie came in with Lilly again I just brushed it off. I waved him from afar, and he just tipped an invisible hat smirking at me.

"I guess we're cool" I whispered to Maeve, as she waved at them too, and I felt a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

We were about to go and see the perfect harmony scene's details, just to get a preview for how it would look when we actually filmed it, and as Maddie was not there because she had a doctor's appointment we needed a stand in to see it.

"Maybe Lilly can do it" Charlie said, and grabbed her hand and lead her to stage "Come on babe this will be fun"

"Babe?" I mouthed to Owen and Maeve that opened their eyes at me signing me to chill. We all laughed silently.

"Yeah sure why not we just need someone to stand in right now" Kenny said, and we all sat down in the monitors watching as they stared into each other's eyes. I was surprisingly not sad at all, the fact that something was off about the take. We tried a hundred things to fix it, but, we couldn't crack it.

"Maybe we're just crazy" Kenny said "Or we are just missing Mads"

"Let me just" I said as I stood up and politely asked Lilly to move. She smiled at me shyly and moved to the side "What are we not noticing Kenny" I said as I grabbed Charlie's hands and looked up to him, taking Lilly's place. He looked back at me and I told them to run the music. All of this I was doing unconsciously, I really went to my place, the place where only me and work exist.

As the music played me and Charlie mouthed the lyrics and lazily did the choreography. Kenny stared at the monitor and told us to keep us going.

Charlie put me up and twirled me around, as he was putting me down I held on to his shoulders, and we locked eyes. I stopped breathing for a second.

"That, we were missing that" Kenny said.  Maeve and Owen's jaws dropped.

Charlie held on to my waist for a second and then looked down letting go off me. 

"Uhm, let's just work on this later" I said, panicking "We definitely need Maddie"