Chapter 50

"Well we are here now we might as well go inside and say hi, maybe grab a cup of coffee" my dad said, making his way into the diner.

"Is he still working here?" Maeve asked my mom, and she nodded to which she reacted by giggling and jumping in place.

"No way!" she exclaimed running in. Owen and Charlie looked at me furrowing their eyebrows and I just playfully shrugged my shoulders knowing what's to come, pushing them into the building.

"Mr. Dougherty!" Maeve shouted, running to the old man who was waiting for her with his arms wide open after being alerted by my dad beforehand of Maeve's presence.

"What is going on?" Charlie said, looking at Maeve hugging the diner's owner.

I was about to explain when she signed Owen to go with them, and I was too excited to see what was about to happen to even think about anything else.

The old man let go of Maeve as she whispered something in his ear and stood in front of Owen. He was shorter than him but not because of that less intimidating. He looked Owen up and down and then walked around him. Maeve was now biting her nails in the corner.

"A blonde" he simply stated, and then walked again behind the counter. We all stood there in silence waiting for him to say something else, Maeve being the most anxious of them all.

"Hey, I'd dye it any other color if you want me to" Owen said, breaking silence, through a smile that quickly vanished when he looked at Mr. Dougherty's face who, without uttering a word, wiped clean a mug while making intense eye contact with the poor sweaty boy. My mom and I gasped as the man put his hands on the counter and looked straight at him.

"Oh no, do I have to break up with him now?" Maeve whispered to me in my ear. I just grabbed her hand and nodded much to Owen's distraught.

The tension in the room grew larger as the man shook his head. Then he turned to my dad who couldn't contain his smile anymore and let out a roar of a laughter that filled the room to which Mr. Dougherty joined and then everyone but Owen followed suit.

"What is going on?" he mumbled looking down at his feet.

"I'm just playing with you son" he said, walking towards him and putting his hand on his shoulder, "I think he'll do" he finished, turning to Maeve who finally breathed.

"Oh, thank god" she said, giving the man a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Are you going to explain to us what just happened?" Charlie said turning to me, not before giving his best friend a quick pat on the back to help him calm down.

"Maeve came here for the first time five years ago. She was 15, that's when I met her." I started but I was quickly interrupted by her.

"Eri brought me here on thanksgiving that year, but she was this genius kid that overworked herself and wrote all day,"

I rested my head in Charlie's shoulder, and he looked down at me and tilted his head. I just nudged him a little with my elbow and signed him to listen to the story.

"So I just hang around town with her family and that's when I met Mr. Dougherty" she said, looking down at a menu she knew through and through "He was having coffee sitting down at this booth precisely all alone, and I felt like he needed some company, so I sat down with him"

"The rest is history. Now he is like my grandpa" she finished, waving at the waitress to come to our table.

"I'd never would've imagined you coming from a place like this" Charlie said, looking around, his chin resting on top of my head, "But now that I think about it, I guess it makes sense"

"What do you mean?" I said, now looking at him through my eyelashes.

"I don't know really. You try to act all tough but seeing you around your family, now I know why you are the way you are, you know who you really are not how you try to present yourself" he continued, "Your dad told us on the way from the airport that you seemed a lot happier, a lot more like yourself now. I was confused at first, but then It all kinda hit."

The words came out of his mouth so nonchalantly I don't think he even realized the effects they had on me. I put my arms across his chest and fully rested my head on it as he traced his fingers in my arms.

"Hey, is everything ok?"

"I'm just really, really happy right now"

We ran around town introducing the boys to all kinds of people and stores, and they fit right in. The two of them strutted around the streets like they owned the place in the best of ways. By the end of the day they were the talk of the town.

"That was a tiring day" Owen said, yawning as we walked through the doors of my house "I say we just hit the hay"

"Hope he is not too tired" I whispered to Charlie

"You need to stop that" he replied, giggling with me.

"I agree" I told them all, "Goodnight everybody!" I said grabbing Charlie's hand, making him walk faster as we approached my room.

"I hope you are not too tired either sir" I said, locking the door behind us. I grabbed the back of his neck and threw my legs around him, leaning into a kiss that was far from shy. All I wanted right now was to feel him as close as humanly possible. As his lips separated from mine I ran my tongue through them, savoring the stinging feeling Charlie always left on my mouth. 

 Every time I kissed him I felt like I was locked out of heaven, and he had been holding onto the key

"Oh god no" he whispered in my ear, holding my waist and aligning our hips, making my body melt into his as our lips met again.

___________________________________________

I want what they have. 

I love writing these type of chapters and as I said, I plan on making them all nice and happy for a little while but please do tell me if they get boring or something, and I'll just idk cut them a little. I'm sorry, I'm an insecure mess.