Chapter 1: She is the Boss

She paced up and down the corridor nervously checking for the hundredth time her checklist of must-have things. Sure that everything was packed, she took a sit on the only piece of furniture left: A dusty old coach that she never used in the 5 years she lived in her NY apartment, but that right now looked like the most comfy and secure place in the world. Even though Eri wasn't one to get attached, always feeling like moving around, her screenwriting (assisting) experience in NY was something that changed her. 

But off she was to her biggest venture yet. The bell rang, and she ran to let the driver know she was coming down. After grabbing everything she needed for the flight she ran down the stairs and met "the nicest man ever",

 But she would say those things about everyone. At least most of the time.

Off they were to the airport. Next stop: Vancouver.

When she arrived she rushed to sit down at her gate. She knew herself, she knew that if she didn't she would miss that flight. Nothing was getting her to move herself from her spot. After arranging her belongings around her and spotting the closest coffee shop, she reached inside her backpack and started writing the idea she had in mind the whole week: 

"It's not what you lost, its what you'll gain raising your voice to the rain" ... 

Her moment of inspiration was cut short by some clumsy dude who was too focused on headbanging and "air-guitarin" to a song to be aware of his surroundings. He tripped on her guitar and fell flat on the ground. 

"Dude my guitar!"

"Uhm Mrs didn't you see me fall right to the ground? Don't you care about the people around you?"

"Not when they violently attack my property"

"I'm sorry, I just need to get tired before the flight, or ill be bouncing off that planes walls until I reach Vancouver. Playing a concert in my mind kind of does the trick"

After he finished saying that their eyes met. Of course Eri thought he was cute, because he was. Green eyes, a perfect advertisement smile, really nice arms. He was looking at her like he had never met another human being ever, there's no way a look like that wouldn't make you feel something. But she was pissed and there was no amount of charm that would make her forgive him for the loss of pace in her writing. 

"Did he say he was going to Vancouver? Maybe I should ask him to - no, never mind,  I don't care, he ruined my moment" - she thought. 

"It's fine" - she replied - "I just need to get back to my stuff ok? You kinda messed with my mojo" 

"Ok, sorry" - he had little puppy dog eyes, but she could see right through them - "I'm not going to let you break me" she thought "You are not becoming my airport buddy"

"I'll sit here if you don't mind" 

"It's whatever dude" she sighed "Just stop bouncing, it's distracting"

"I'll try, but I told you, If I don't get the energy out I won't sleep in the plane, and I don't like watching movies while traveling, it makes my head hurt and ... "

Eri was submerged into her own world again. She had her favorite pen in her hand and back to writing she was. She lost her train of thought with her poem but it was actually good for her as she could go back to work. 

The reason Eri was going to Vancouver was to be an on set assistant to Kenny Ortega in his new production. She was a mouth-to-mouth sensation at her young age of 21 and gained a reputation because of how well she could notice the little subtle changes that could be made to mannerisms, dialogues, one-liners, plot points  and other little details to make the characters more likeable and charismatic as a whole. The Julie and The Phantoms production crew called her because they wanted the character dynamic to be the most special thing about the show, and they knew she was the one to for the job.

It was her lifelong dream to write her own thing one day and direct a big production, but working with a talent like Kenny was a close second. 

Right now she was studying one of the characters of the show, Caleb Covington. She was on fire. 

"Hey" 

"OMG dude no I was so in the zone"

"I'm so sooo sorry but I'm soooo bored" he said "And whatever you got going on looks interesting, what is it?"

"Its just work, nothing special" - "I swear this guys mom had to be a Red Bull addict" - she whispered to herself, apparently not quietly enough.

"Ha you are funny" - He replied, mocking her "Come on just tell me. I saw you are going to Vancouver you can't escape me"

"I'm just working on a script. I guess actually just studying it"

"Oh so you are an actress" - He smiled, his face going from cute to smug in 20 seconds "I act too" 

"No I'm not an actress, I'm just an on sent assistant to the director. I'm working on a Netflix show that comes out next year."

"No way dude I'm in a Netflix production that comes out next year too. We start filming like tomorrow" 

"Oh my god, I'm not going to get rid of you am I?" - "What's your name?" 

"Charlie." 

"As in Charles Gillespie?" - She said as she reached to grab her phone to see the cast list she was sent "Luke - Charles Gillespie?"

"YES!" - And back to bouncing he was.

"Jeez" She said, smiling a little and rolling her eyes. 

"I guess you'll be the boss, aye?"