Chapter 26 - Coming back

The letter was there staring back at him as Seokjin stayed in his office one afternoon thinking if he should even go through with it.

He packed his things up, ending yet another mundane day at work and shut off the light as he walked out of his office. He greets the night shift's security guard with weight on his step as he makes the seemingly long way back to his car and off to his quiet apartment ready to have take-out and binge on a new show he's been watching, alone, wondering what happened to Taehyung.

~

"Oh, uhh nice to meet you." Hobi greets with a stiff smile after being introduced. "And how did you two meet exactly?" he continues.

"Your friend here is a complete gentleman. So I was carrying so much stuff from this convenience store that time and one bag almost fell on the ground, but Taehyungie here caught it and, interestingly enough, we were both headed back to the same resort. He offered to carry two bags back with me and that's where everything started.." the woman smiles and leans her head on Taehyung's shoulder, linking their arms.

"Oh-kayy." Hobi says, smiling stiff as a bark. "Why did you buy so much stuff if you couldn't carry them back?"

Taehyung's eyebrow lifted at the question.

"Pff, my girlfriends were all drunk by the beach and asked me to buy food. They asked for all these chips and soda and stuff and I didn't think of how I was gonna carry them back with me hahaa."

"But.. you were at a resort, why did you have to go to a convenience store?"

"Hyung.." Taehyung huffed.

"My dear, I'll give you a chintzy tip, the resort is there for like, lunch and your stay and stuff, but the snacks? Those are all too expensive inside the resort! That's the reason why there's a ton of stores near resorts, you know??"

The door suddenly opened followed by a roaring noise.

"Hobaah!! You got the movies ready?!!" Namjoon roars with bottles of soda and booze on both hands but then makes a sudden stop at the hallway at the sight of someone familiar sitting on the couch. "AM I SEEING THINGS?" His eyes widened at the sight of Taehyung. He quickly left the drinks on the kitchen counter and sprinted his way over, the other had a huge smile on his face as he wiped his hands on his jeans and stood up to allow Namjoon to engulf him in a bone crushing hug.

"Nice to - see you too, -hyung." Taehyung barely says tapping on Namjoon's back whilst being squeezed.

"YOU JUST LEFT. OUT OF THE BLUE. HOW COULD YOU?" Namjoon shakes Taehyung after releasing him from their hug.

"I just had to use my leave, hyung, hehe.. Just to recharge and all." Taehyung weakly says.

"You could have told us??? No one knew! We had to ask Minah??"

"Minah?" the woman standing beside Taehyung asked. Namjoon turned his head to her direction with eyes the size of plates as if a lamp started speaking. He glanced at Taehyung and Hobi who was sitting on the couch who had his brows upward, almost straining to keep his eyes from rolling.

"Uh.. My apologies, but who.."

"Hyung, this is Ara." Taehyung introduced. "Babe, this is Namjoon. And Minah is my assistant at work."

"Oh.." Ara smiles cheerily and starts to introduce herself.

"JOON, I swear to god. When I get my hands on you, you jerk!" Another voice came from out the hallway and after a few seconds of obvious struggle, the door swung open with Seokjin carrying two boxes of pizza with bags of chips and plastic cups of ramen all stacked up all the way to his chin.