Chapter 22 - Cope

10:30 am

Taehyung sat on his chair scrolling through Mr. Han's menu on their app and placed his order. Having lunch with his hyung has recently been the highlight of his day and he wished it would stay the same for a long time, not that he didn't like having lunch with Joonie and Hobi but he just felt all recharged and happy after spending time with Seokjin alone. He put his phone down on his desk and stared at his computer for a bit recalling what happened the other day. Being so close to Seokjin made him feel some type of way. He initially just wanted to tease his hyung like usual but decided to step it up a bit out of curiosity. Feeling the rapid beating of Seokjin's heart under his hand made his blood rush like mad and warmth unduly spread all over his body. Remembering how Seokjin was about to lean into him made his cheeks burn so Taehyung shook it off and proceeded to finish up the last patient record he had when his phone vibrated.

"Hi babyyy.. 💕😘 Wanna meat up? I miss you.. 🍆💦💦" - Thumper girl

He ignored the text and continued to type away on his computer. After about an hour and eight patients he's accommodated later, he jumped up from his seat and rushed out his office.

"If I don't get back after an hour just take your break." He quickly tapped on Minah's desk which made her jump up. He started to walk away but paused and looked back at her.

"And when you come back and I'm not here just lock my office and reschedule Ms. Sung." he instructed. Thankfully, it wasn't such a busy day and Ms. Sung was the only patient he had to tend to in the afternoon.

"But Ms. Sung's appointment is at 3:00?" she quickly asked him standing up when he turned to walk away.

"I know." he turned again and winked at her snapping a finger gun as he walked backwards which resulted in a totally confused look on her face.

"I'll surely be back before shift ends!" He waved at her as he sped away.

Minah slumped down on her seat and logged on to her social media on the computer.

..

Mr. Han's was Taehyung's favorite restaurant and he was their favorite customer. He almost ordered every single day making them freely include free desserts and happy notes on his takeout bags. He smiled looking at the bag of cookies they provided and made his way to Seokjin's office.

On his way there, he would pass other offices by who each had their own secretaries up front. He noticed each of the three desks were empty and thought to text Minah to take her break as well.

Before he could even reach the Neurology Department, he heard a chatter and realized why the assistant desks were empty. They were all huddled together, gossiping by the hall and Taehyung halted to a stop around the corner hearing a familiar name and thought it was harmless to eves-drop.

"Yeah, I heard it was really dramatic!"

"I feel so bad for Hoseokie walking in on them.. that's so sad.."

"I heard Jackson only wanted him because of the butt stuff!!" one of them whisper-yelled then giggled.

"Dr. Ahnjong must be loose because she's divorced with a kid."

"Bitch! Don't say that! Someone might hear you!"

"Maybe if Hoseok had boobs as big as hers then he'd keep Dr. Wang's wang tied down.."