Chapter 13

Louis William Tomlinson

I hung up with Eleanor as soon as she started to ask for stuff for New York even though she practically declined my offer. I still hadn't bothered to put my shirt on, I didn't care. I had come close to the best moment of my entire life but Eleanor, once again, had provoked me of that. And I guess, I was just angry.

I ran a hand through my hair as my bare back hit the wall. I let out a huff of air as goosebumps dotted my skin. I was gone for a good fifteen minutes. I walked back to the family room to find Rose laying down, her eyes closed and her body breathing heavily. I smiled before fetching a quilt from the closet and draping it over her and tucked myself inside as well.

And my last thought before I drifted into sleep was how happy I was when I felt her lips upon mine.

                                                                            ***

My eyes opened with a start as I rose from the couch. Rosie was already up and gone and the clattering in the kitchen told me that she was in there. I stifled a yawn with my hand before walking to the bathroom. Quickly scrubbing my teeth, I went to join Rose in the kitchen.

"What, you a master chef?" I joked, pulling a sweatshirt on. Rose looked at me, smiling slightly.

"Maybe. I just can't seem to get this right though!" Rose yelled out in frustration, slamming the spoon down in mass hysteria.

I honestly thought this was going to be awkward after last night but it wasn't. That's what I liked about being around Rose, there was never a moment of awkward or uncomfortable silence. It made everything just a whole lot easier.

"Pipe down Rose, you're gonna wake the whole town!" I hissed but she didn't listen. I sighed and walked towards her. Her back was facing me as she was rummaging through something in the drawer. I stayed quiet, hoping to scare her, even a little bit. Rose slammed it shut, upset that she didn't find what she wanted to. She spun back around only to face me. I smirked.

"Didn't find what you're looking for?" I whispered.

"Nope," Rose said, edging her face towards mine. "It's right here." And with that, she closed the gap with her lips.

I quickly melted into the kiss, my hands flying quickly to her waist. I kissed back full force before asking for entrance. She quickly let me in as I hoisted her figure up to the counter. Rose wrapped her legs around my waist as my thumb rubbed circles in the sides of her stomachs.

I wasn't looking for anything sexual. I just loved the feeling of electircity I felt when she touched me, the feeling of fireworks I felt when her lips met mine. I lived for that everyday, it was what kept me going. I knew yesterday, when I kissed her for the first time, this is what I've been waiting for. This feeling, Rose, was why I did what I did.

To keep her happy.

But then I woke up. It was all, her kiss, her touch, it was all a dream.

                                                                            ****

 I sat up, rubbing my eyes. It was all a dream, a mocking dream. I let out a loud sigh before throwing the blanket off of me. Rose wasn't under the blanket so I headed towards the bathroom, my stomach grumbling quite loudly. I did all my business before wandering back to the kitchen. There was Rose, sprinkling sugar over her strawberries and pouring orange juice into a tall glass.

"Make any for me?" I asked as I hoisted myself onto the counter. Rose nodded but didn't look up from perfecting her meal.

"Sure did," Rose said, finally looking up at me, smiling. She gestured towards the refrigerator. "You just have to put it together."

"Haha, very funny," I said, sarcastically. "But can you really make me something? I have to leave for work in fifteen minutes."

"Nope!" Rose said, turning around and putting the orange juice back in the refrigerator. The silence took over us for a moment and I didn't like it. So I decided to make it even more awkward.

"Listen, about last night...," I trailed off. Rose picked up her plate of bread and butter, with sugary strawberries on the side and the orange juice. Nodding her head slightly, she motioned for me to come closer. I leaned down slightly, as per her wishes.

"It was the best thing I've ever experienced," She whispered, almost seductively.

My heartbeat increased tenfold as I felt her lips press themselves on the side mine. She lingered there for a moment before pulling away and walking to the family room. I heard a small bark behind me as I turned around. There Max was staring at me, but it almost looked like he was smiling.

                                                                   ***

"Good morning!" I bellowed as I entered the studio. The boys looked at me, all smiling.

"Well, someone's happy!" Lou Teasdale said, appearing next to Harry.

"I am. Very happy," I commented.

"That's a nice change," Liam said and nodded, smiling even bigger.

"What did you and Rose do last night?" Niall asked. I smirked.

"Evasive much?" I retorted.

"Enough chit-chat, time to get rolling! You guys have an interview in 30, go, go, go!" A voice yelled from inside the depths of the room. Lou took my hand and led me away from the boys.

"So, what did you and Rose do last night?" Lou asked. I loved Lou. She was like my second mother, my mother away from home. I could always talk to her and she really did give the best advice.

"I-I kissed her," I confessed.

"Did it go any farther than that?" Lou asked once again.

"Kinda," I muttered. Lou sighed.

"You have a girlfriend, you know that?" Lou said as she tried styling my messy hair.

"I know, but it feels like she doesn't even love me anymore! I was mourning over Rose and Eleanor didn't even come and comfort me. The first time heard from her in a while was last night and she was asking for things! She declined my offer to MSG and she bitches about things. I can't take it anymore, I really can't!" I ranted.

"I'm sorry baby, I really am. But most importantly, did you feel anything when you kissed her last night?" She said.

"Way more than I felt when I kissed Eleanor when I thought 'in love' with her," I admitted.

"Maybe you are in love..," Lou said and I could literally hear the smile in her voice. "I really haven't seen you this happy in such a long time, truthfully."

"I know. It feels great," I gushed.

We both turned towards the door once we heard scuffling and I was suddenly upset. I knew that Harry fancied Rose and id he heard, he would be heartbroken. I didn't want to see Harry hurt, he's my best mate. No matter how much I did love Rose, if she'd be happy with him, I sacrifice my feelings.

"Do you think that was Harry?" I whispered to Lou.

"No..," She trailed off. "Harry isn't one to eavesdrop."

"Lou, I think Harry fancies Rose and if he hears me saying that, he'll be upset," I sighed.

"Don't worry Louis. Now go change your pants," She ordered.

                                                                        ****

A/N- Haiiii guyssss. I updated, woo!! How are you all? I'm gonna get this over with, vote comment, and fan please! But I wanna say something. Yesterday, December 14, 2012, there was a school shooting in Connecticut at an elementary school. 20 kids died and I think 7 or 8 adults as well. You probably already heard all this although. I just want to voice my condolences, I really am heartbroken. Please stay safe and value your life, alright? I love you.

-Farnaz Xx