Chapter 1

Rosalynn Marie Amberly

"And that's what makes you beautiful!"

The final words of the majorly popular song, What Makes You Beautiful, belted itself out of the radio. The song was on every station, reminding me of everything I had lost. The promise we had made as kids that never left my brain was gone because I trusted somone blindly. I pulled my black Honda into my driveway, soon sliding the key out of the ignition slot. Leaning back into the seats, I let all my stiff muscles relax. My arms and hands ached from writing reviews and filling out forms. My feet ached from my uncomfortable heels.

I sighed, knowing I had to get out of the car sometime. I pushed the car door open, slipping into my house less than a minute later. A light bark came from somewhere deep in my house. I opened my mouth to yell a hello to my dog, Max, but closed my mouth when no noise came out. Even my voice was tired. I climbed the stairs, quickly changing to my beloved sweats.

                                                                                         ---

I jammed slippers onto my feet, quickly opening the door. The sun was only a faint glow in the sky, it was mostly all darkness. My dark gray v-neck was useless to warm my body on this November night. A shiver ran down my spine was I quickly walked over to my mailbox. I pulled out a bunch of letters before sprinting back to my house, the heat quickly wrapping me up in a hug. I let out a sigh as I let myself defreeze and walked over to the table where my streamy dinner was awaiting.

I liked doing this. Sifting through the mail and looking through catalogs while I ate my food. My eyes landed on a white envelope, my name and address handwritten in handwriting I immediately recognized. My breath caught in my throat as I dropped my fork onto my plate. It made an alarming clattering noise making Max bark but I didn't care. I ripped the envelope open, scanning my eyes over the barely eligible handwriting.

                                                                          Dear Rosie,

                              "She was elusive, she was today, she was tomorrow."

     Remember? Are you coming to pick me up on Saturday? 5:00. I want you to meet somone.

                                                                             -Louis x

Louis. Huh, I should've known he was he one to send me this letter. Straight and to the point, like he always was with me. He was always different around me. Some people saw him as a fun-loving, forever young lad. Others saw him as a young man that fame changed. He was a bit of both for me, to be completely honest.

I finished my dinner slowly, in agonizing silence. I always used to love the silence because I could usually start and finish a good book. But ever since I had met Louis, I had grown accustomed to constat talking and laughter. He was away a lot though and whenever he came home, he was constantly with his girlfriend and sometimes his family. I never got to meet his girfriend but I heard many praises of her by him.

Well, just another boring night to gruel over before I'd go to sleep. It was Friday night and I was contemplating whether or not to go to sleep at 9:30. I was pathetic. I was at the age of partying, but no. My mother just had to pass away leaving my father locked up in his room from general shock. Then one day, he came out claiming he was perfectly fine and was going to the market. I never saw him again.

How could he leave his baby girl like that? Didn't I mean anything to him? Apparently not. A wall of hatred builds inside of me everytime I think of him. I didn't know who I was anymore after he left. I never left my bed until Louis had to come into my house and carry me to the nearest park. I felt lifeless, I was an orphan! But I had Louis, right? Wrong. Where was he now? Oh right, L.A, maybe even on a plane. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I couldn't stay mad at him. I owed him my sanity.

"20 years old, going on 93...," I grumbled as I climbed up the stairs, Max at my heels. Guess I had a long night of chick-flick's ahead of me.

                                                                                         ---

My eyes scanned the airport as I eagerly waited for Louis' arival. There were screaming fans on either side of me, each keeping a good distance away. Is 20 too old to be a fan? Maybe so...               I bounced slightly as my green eyes darted from sie to side. Where was he?

Just then, a whole new wave of people came streaming out of the gate. I was a bit disappointed not to see Louis' face but that was okay. He was going to be here. Suddenly, I heard the voice that kept me laughing the last eight years. My eyes met the baby blue eyes that never lost their twinkle. My smile grew even wider as I let out a small squeal. I saw a smile instantly light up his face.

"Louis!" I squealed as I sprinted towards him. He engulfed me in a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Lifting me slightly from the ground, he spun me around as I let out a quiet giggle. It felt so unnatural. Guess I hadn't laughed longer than I thought.

Louis finally set me on the ground, wrapping his arms around me in a regular hug. He still smelled the same, a kind of fresh, minty smell. I wrapped my arms around his chest, trying to keep the tears of happiness back. I was just so happy. My Peter Pan was finally back.

"I missed you so much," I murmured as Louis nodded.

"You have no idea," He agreed as we both pulled away.

I turned to my right to find a very pretty girl with brown, wavy hair scowling at me. I tried smiling at her to be polite but she definitely made no effort to smile back. She just clasped her hands around Loui's bicep. I gave up trying to make peace with without commuinication and turned to my left. I saw four very different boys staring at me as my cheeks turned a crimson color and I smiled.

"Hi, I'm Rose," I introduced as the nodded. They went on introducing themselves as Harry, Niall, Liam, and Louis. How cute, they thought I didn't know. I decided to play along just for the fun of it.

"Rose-Posie," Louis cooed as I turned to him. He was holding the scowling girl close to his chest and her smile was replaced with a smirk. "This is Eleanor. My girlfriend."

Those last two words hit me like a wave but I didn't wipe the smile off of my face. No way would I ever. I already knew she wanted me down but I stay strong. I'd suppost Louis no matter what. I had made an oath to him, even if he had broke his part of the promise.

                                                                                              ***

Hi guys! Just a quick note, THIS IS NOT A HATE STORY FOR ELEANOR. I have nothing against her. It just needs to go this way for the sake of the story. Anyways, please, please, please comment, vote, and maybe even fan? Thanks. :) x

-Farnaz ∞