Chapter 19

tell me what you think? love you all. xx -farnaz ♥

Rosalynn Marie Amberly

“So casually cruel in the name of being honest.”

Louis and I returned from the Brit after party, somewhere close to one in the morning. I was leaning heavily on Louis as he unlocked my door, a guiding arm placed around my shoulders. We both walked in, the noise of my heels awaking Max who doesn’t find the energy to run up to us and just bows his head back in his doggy bed.

“I am so proud of you,” I breathed in his ear, as he hadn’t let me go yet. Louis smiled. He had drunk a few drinks tonight, and I had a few as well but we were hardly tipsy.

Louis smiled at me. “Tonight was a thousand times better because of you,” I couldn’t help but smile. Louis shifted my body so I was leaning against the counter. “Not to mention you looked ravishing tonight.” I could feel my cheeks heat up as Louis leaned in closer. His lips lightly touched mine, tingles traveling up and down my spine. I was definitely awake now. His nose lightly brushed mine before his head dipped down. Louis left small kisses up and down my neck. He knew exactly where my sweet spot was but he wasn’t going to give in to what I wanted.

His kisses started getting deeper and deeper, lingering in the spots they touched for a while longer than before. I placed my hands on Louis’ hips, pulling him closer to my body. A sudden ringing made both of us jump back, my back pressing against the counter side. A sharp pain invaded my insides as I let out a silent yelp. I quickly pushed myself, rubbing the injured spot with my hands. Louis let out a groan before I followed him to the door, because apparently it was my doorbell that pulled us apart. Louis swung the door open as my jaw hit the floor and m heart ripped itself up into tiny pieces.

It was my father.

“Rosie!” My father said happily. Tear sprang to my eyes. No. He wasn’t allowed here. He wasn’t allowed in my life again.

“Mr. Amberly?” Louis whispered in a barely audible tone, confusion painting his face.

“No!” I screamed, the tears leaking from my eyes. “You can’t come here! You hurt me so much, you aren’t allowed in my life anymore!”  

I lunged at him and I would’ve gotten at him too but Louis caught me. Tears streamed furiously down my cheeks as Louis held me at his arms, a protective hold around my petite figure. My heart was torn apart into a billion pieces and resting chaotically in the pit of my stomach.

He had left me when I needed him most, during school and right before university. And right after my mother’s death. My grades dropped horrifically so instead of trying to fix them, I started ditching school. My stayed in bed most of my days and cried. I logged onto Facebook occasionally and people teased and bashed me for being a loser and freak, not to mention a “stupid bitch”. Louis was the one who pulled me out of my depression; he was the one that saved me from joining my mum. Louis’ grasp tightened on me as he moved to the side, as if to let someone in. I tore my body from his and glared at him.

“I don’t want him in here!” I shouted. I didn’t care if that man could hear me. He didn’t deserve an ounce of respect, especially from me.

“Rose!” Louis cried in a hushed, disapproving tone. “He’s your father!”

“I don’t who that man is but he is most definitely not my father,” I swore. Louis took my face in his hands just as tears started to brim my eyes once more.

“Look babe, I know you aren’t on best terms with your father and that’s understandable. But listening to his side isn’t going to hurt anyone,” Louis said. I sighed before nodding reluctantly. Louis smiled warmly before pecking me lightly on the nose. He let go of my face and grabbed my hand, dragging me to where he was sitting.

“Just so you know, I’m only here because Louis told me to,” I cleared up. Louis threw me another disapproving glance but I just shrugged.

“Right, Mr. Amberly, do you have anything to say?” Louis said politely.

“Yes. I do. Rosie, I left you because I didn’t know what else to do. You were my life, and you still are-“

“I most certainly wasn’t!” I cried. “You wouldn’t have done that if you loved me!”

“Rose, please! I was depressed and I didn’t know what else to do!”

“I was depressed too dad! I stayed in bed days after you left, crying! People teased me and called me a stupid freak! I needed mom just as much as you but I didn’t flee from them! I endured them and it wasn’t a walk in the water!” I shouted. I had stopped crying, I wasn’t as weak as before.

“Yet, did you know how I felt? I had just lost the love my life! I was on the brink of suicide and I couldn’t think of anything else but to flee from my problems, including you! Just imagine, if you woke one day and realized you had lost Louis to death and you had nothing anymore. What would you do?”

That definitely shut me up. I sank back to the couch, my legs suddenly too weak to hold myself upright. Louis didn’t come forward and hold me as he was in shock as well. My heart was numb, thinking of a world without having Louis to wake up to everyday, without having him to hold me when I needed him, to kiss goodnight. It sickened me.

“You had me,” I whispered, relentless.

“I know,” dad said. “And I was you back. So I’m offering you to come live with my new wife, two daughters, and newborn son."