Chapter 14

Harry Edwards Styles

Louis burst into the studio, unusually happy. I grinned at him happily as he told everyone how jubilant he really was but it hurt inside, it really did. No matter how many times I try and deny my feelings, I can't ignore that I do feel something stronger than friendship with Rose. And that's not good because I know that I'll never be able to hold Rose in my arms and call her mine.

Before I knew it, Louis disappeared into the depths of the studio where our interview was being held with Lou, our stylist. I was curious as to what they were saying, because I knew it'd be about Rose. I pressed my ear to the door of Louis' dressing room. I started hearing from this point;

"I kissed her," And it didn't help that it was Louis' voice. I felt my heart plummet to my stomach as I shifted my body weight to my legs and pressed my ear harder on the door.

"Did it go any farther than that?"

"Kinda,"

I clenched my fist and slammed my eyes shut. My nails dug under my skin and it would leave marks, no doubt. How could Louis do that? He has a bloody girlfriend! But why would Rose ever love me? All I am is an awkward boy from Chesire and in my heart; I know I still am. And the constant beatings and remarks I get on Twitter and other places just prove how badly I put myself out to the media. Louis deserved Rose, he was the better person.

I let my own bullying to myself sink in before clamping a set of teeth on my bottom lip, holding back the tears that threatened to fall. Stuff like this didn't happen a lot but when it did, I was reminded of all the horrible stuff said to me because of who I played out to be; the hard-to-figure-out womanizer.

"You have a girlfriend, you know that?" Lou's voice brought me back to reality. I focused on the words being exchanged.

"I know, but it feels like she doesn't even love me anymore! I was mourning over Rose and Eleanor didn't even come and comfort me. The first time heard from her in a while was last night and she was asking for things! She declined my offer to MSG and she bitches about things. I can't take it anymore, I really can't!"

I realized everything Louis ranted about Eleanor was true. She was just using him for his own selfish needs even though he'd never straight up admit that to himself. Eleanor doesn't really care for Louis anymore than a friend.

"I'm sorry baby, I really am. But most importantly, did you feel anything when you kissed her last night?" Lou asked.

"Way more than I felt when I kissed Eleanor when I thought 'in love' with her," Louis admitted.

"Maybe you are in love...I really haven't seen you this happy in such a long time, truthfully,"

That was most definitely true. Even before I had ever met Rose and we were still in America, something about Louis seemed fishy. He wasn't very jubilant nor happy and he looked...tired. It was such a horrible and depressing look, Louis was never like that.

"I know. It feels great," Louis admitted.

That was it for me. I couldn't hear much more. I got up and ran to my dressing room, which was only down the hall. I was breathing way harder than  should've and not because of the running. I was scared because Rose was so beautiful and perfect in every way in my eyes and I couldn't kiss her goodnight. I fished my phone out of my pocket and punched in a number I knew by heart.

"Hello?" A voice said.

"Rose?" I breathed.

"Harry! How are you?" Rose exclaimed.