Chapter 18

Rosalynn Marie Amberly

I couldn’t shake the nervous feeling from overwhelming my system. I wasn’t on the verge of a breakdown or anything to serious but if Harry reacted worse than I thought he would, I definitely wouldn’t be able to control my emotions. I let out a shaky breath before placing my bottom on the armchair, careful not to sit too close to Louis yet not too far. Just in case.

“So, Harry, we have something important to tell you,” Louis started, sensing my uneasiness.

“What’s up?”

“It’s about our relationship Harry,” I slowly replied, chewing nervously on my bottom lip.

“Let me guess,” Harry started, leaning back in his chair. “You love Louis.”

Both Louis and I stared at him, surprise striking us. I could hardly form the words in my head, let alone my moth it itself. How did he know? I guess Louis and I weren’t as secretive as we thought. It was silent for a few moments longer until Louis decided to speak up.

“How...Um, how did you know?”

“Well, it was quite obvious,” Harry stated. “Maybe Rose had a small crush on me in the beginning of our relationship, but it was clear the after the first two weeks, she was over us. She loved you. The way she looked at Lou, it really was quite something. I was just a shoulder to lean back on and I’m okay with that. And whenever she did glance at you and you looked back, she’d slightly blush but no one would notice but me. It was cute, sickeningly cute, but cute nevertheless.”

Harry smiled as if it wasn’t a big deal. I was still in shock; he could tell how in love I was with Louis before I was even sure I was in love with him. I tried finding my voice and after a few moments, it came back to me.

“Harry, I want you to know that you always meant a lot to me. You’re one of my best friends,” I assured.

“I know that,” Harry said. “I’m not in love with like I thought I was anymore. I just want you to be happy because you deserve it.”  

“T-Thank you,” I whispered, it was all I could muster.

“Harry, you really are one remarkable guy,” Louis commented, letting out a slight chuckle. Harry let out a laugh, which made me smile. He was actually happy.

“As you are Louis, you really are,” Harry promised. “Now you both go get ready! The Brits are tonight after all.”

__

My hand found Louis’ as the Brits came near the end. I was at the table with the boys. Danielle couldn’t make it, unfortunately and Perrie had tried sneaking over, to at least catch a glimpse of Zayn but security wouldn’t have it. She was rushed back to her table immediately.

“I still cannot get over how I am in the same room as Lana Del Rey!” I whispered excitedly in Louis’ ear. He let out a small chuckle and lightly pecked my forehead. My cheeks burned slightly as Robbie Williams came on stage.

“…And the winners are…the winners of the global success award is my five little brothers, showbiz brothers, One Direction!”

The boys erupted in frenzy. Louis gave me a kiss before jumping up to join the rest of the boys in a group hug. I stood up, clapping as proudly as a mother on her son’s graduation day. He had dreamed his whole life for this moment; he had finally achieved everything he’s ever wanted.

Louis started off the speech by thanking their fans and Liam went next thanking their management and record label, as well as their parents. I couldn’t help but wipe the tears slightly leaking from the sides of my eyes. I was just so proud of Louis. He was my angel in disguise; I don’t know what I’d do without him.

I didn’t know that that night I’d face another tragedy.