Part 22-- Mornings.

Start from the beginning

"A couple times. Have you given any thought to overthrowing Remi?"

"Yes," I nod. 

"And?"

"I...I can't."

"Mass confusion is all the new rage and it's creating a feeding ground for the bottom feeders of hysteria!", Billie Joe Armstrong sings into my left ear.

"You can't work with me to make the school better or you feel obligated to work under your friend?", Arlo raises and eyebrow but doesn't look at me. 

"I can't betray my friend."

"That doesn't sound like you."

"I know, I hear myself. But also I don't want people to know I exist."

"Good god, you are pathetic," Arlo scoffs.

"Yeah," I nod and go up to the register where I'm greeted with the far too friendly barista who undresses me with his eyes while I try to order a medium coffee with room.

"I'm not interested," I inform flatly as the barista takes the cash from my hand, his fingers lingering for too long on mine. "I'm sure you're wonderful, you seem great, I guess. But I'm with someone."

The barista wordlessly hands me a cup of coffee and some change, then turns around to clean something. 

I leave the coffee shop and walk back to Rebecca's house to chill out for a while. Part of me wants to stay there forever because that part of me is nervous about school tomorrow for some reason.

Rebecca drives me back to my apartment, where it's uncomfortably warm. It takes a frustratingly long time to adjust the thermostat, and when I finally do, I get a text from Remi to meet her, Blyke, and Isen at the movie theater in the mall. 

Me: aite give me a minute

I grab my purse and get Uber to the mall, where Blyke, Remi, and Isen are waiting in a cluster in front of the movie theater. 

"Tessa!", Remi smiles brightly and the knife in my chest made of Arlo's offer to make me Queen twists. Remi envelops me in a warm hug, then grabs my wrist and pulls me into the mall. Blyke and Isen follow behind Remi and I, and they seem quite amused by me being dragged into the mall. 

"What are we seeing?", I ask.

"Civil War!", Remi squeals. Does she not know I saw this movie, what, like 2 weeks ago with Isen? It's not like I'm complaining, though. Civil War is a damn good movie.

"Alright," I smile. 

"2 tickets to see Civil War at 11, please," Remi politely requests from the girl behind the counter. 

"Are the guys paying for themselves?", I raise an eyebrow. "Also, how'd you get Blyke to come?"

"I told him he has to or I'd make Isen Jack," Remi smirks and takes the tickets. "And yes, the guys can pay for themselves. Now let's get smoothies or something."

"Yum," I smile and Remi and I run over to the Jamba Juice while Blyke and Isen get their own tickets.

"Okay, it's 10:30 now, do you wanna go into the Disney store?", Remi asks our cluster.

"Yes," Isen and I answer together. 

"Wow, good harmony," Blyke complements. "So what's this...about?"

"Captain America and Iron Man fight over a document," Isen summarizes.

Remi and I finish our smoothies, then our cluster saunters into the Disney store. Remi, Isen, and I take it upon ourselves to explain the events leading up to Civil War to Blyke, who looks kind of interested, but also probably wants to die.

Blyke

Oh my god, shut up. Remi, you're my best friend but please just shut up. Oh, what's Isen doing?

Tessa

"Bucky!", Isen yells at me while I grab an Avengers necklace with little charms for each of the Avengers, including Loki, Bucky, Peter Parker, and Nick Fury.

"Wassup?", I look over my shoulder.

"Excited to see it again?", Isen smiles.

"Very," I nod.

"I still don't get what you saw in Zemo," Isen says as we stalk to the register.

"Daniel Bruhl is hot and no one can tell me otherwise!", I retort.

"Oh please, he looks like you tried to buy Ewan McGregor at Walgreen's," Isen scoffs dramatically and I laugh.

who's ready for an obligatory a/n? 

You are, my lad!

OKAy, first order of business: chapters will no longer be daily. I know, I'm disappointed too. I've got midterms coming up, and I gotta study a lot. but I can pretty much guarantee weekly chapters, I hope theyll be as good as these recent chapters

second thing: i've been thinking of making unordinary or marvel preferences so let me know if i should entertain that idea 

third thing: im sorry about these long author's notes, my bad. If you don't read them, please do, there's sometimes valuable information in them

anyway i love you guys and im endlessly thankful for your support of this fic!

PEACE