Part 12-- Mall

Tessa's POV

I took an earbud out and blushed a bit, relieved that some stray strands of hair that hung in my face covered my cheeks.

"Hey, John," I gave a weak smile.

I looked down at my phone and paused the music. 

"Green Day. Of course. You've always been such an emo," John teased. 

"You're one to talk," I retorted.

"Oof, that hurts. So, what's up with you and Isen?"

"What do you mean? He just walked home with me," I quickly choked out. 

"I dunno man, I kinda ship it," John smiled, leaning close to me.

"Oh my god," I groaned, putting my earbuds in their charging case and shoving the case into my purse.

"Wanna hang out?", John asked.

"Can't hurt," I shrugged. 

"Yay, finally we can do something together!"

I'm already regretting this, I thought. But you do want to hang out with your friend, right?, my subconscious scolds.

John and I went to the mall. 

"Wanna go in there?", John offered, pointing at a record store.

"I would absolutely love to, but I don't have a turnta-", I started.

"They have stickers and patches," John smirked.

"We're going in."

I bought 6 stickers, a Led Zepplin patch, and a Green Day heart grenade patch.

We had a pretty good time hanging out at the mall. At one point, we avoided a group of kids from Wellston by hiding in a rack of clothes in a thrift store.

"Well, that was incredibly awkward," I remarked as we ran out of the mall.

"Let's never talk about that," John declared.

"I'm cool with that."

note--

ok yall im soooo sorry for not updating for so long but writers block has been killing me

thank you so much for reading and I hope youre enjoying the story

Peace