𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓞𝓷𝓮

When the four got home, they began the decorating process. True to mama Park's word, she is trying her best to make it the best Christmas the boys have ever experienced. All whilst making sure not to take away the memories the two had when they were in a happy family. The magical Christmas's they shared with their mother.

However, Hongjoong had long since forgotten those times, so it was mainly Yeosang whom she was concerned for. The poor boy was rather reluctant to even join in with an already happy family in their traditions: which broke her heart.

"Okay darlings, we'll start with the tree, okay? Then we'll do the others when appa is home," She told them, clapping her hands with glee. She looked around at the faces that were watching her intently, melting when she saw the joy in the two boys' faces. But her sons, Yong-Hwan had come home from work earlier, just looked as if they wanted to get on with it.

"Boys, smile!" She told them, enlarging her eyes to get a message through to them without having to say anything. The two understood, straightening up and plastering big, slightly fake smiles on their faces.

"Yong-Hwan-ah, can you grab the tree in for me? Seonghwa, go give him a hand, please?" Hyun-ah asked, pulling the two newcomers into the kitchen where she had packets of ingredients out.

The brothers left, huffing as they went.

"Now, there are two options; help set the tree or help Hyunnie make some cookies!" She cheered, directing the last part to Hongjoong due to knowing her son. Seonghwa would most likely want some alone time with Yeosang after everything that had happened during the day.

"Cookie, cookie, cookie!" Hongjoong applauded, forgetting his indoor voice when he heard the word for the delicious, sugary treat. Yeosang quickly turned, giving Hongjoong a look that told him to 'calm down' to which he did.

"Oh honey, it's okay: he can be as excited as he wants to here. It's okay," The woman cooed at Hongjoong, turning to Yeosang at the last reassurance, offering a reassuring smile. She just wanted the boys to be comfortable, treat this place as their new home as that's the most likely outcome of this mess. And she'll be ready to take them in a fight head-on, along with her husband.

"Sorry," He replied, lowering his head in shame. "Uh..is it okay if I help with the tree?" Yeosang timidly asked, still not looking up.

Hyun-ah sighed, looking at the boy with sad eyes. "Darling, look up. Look at me, please," She waited until the boy slowly picked his head up, then continued. "You don't have to be sorry for anything. Not whilst you're here. I know taking care of your brother is second nature to you, but now, it's time to take care of yourself. We're all here now. Seonghwa, Yong-Hwan, Hyo-jong and I,"

Yeosang blinked, hearing the kind words, wincing as his eyes became heavy with the threat of tears. He searched her eyes, looking for any sign of being lied to. When he didn't, he bit his lips, looking down and swiping at his eyes. "Thank you," He whispered, looking back up.

The sweet moment was brought to an abrupt stop when they heard a loud curse coming from the sitting room. Hyun-ah rolled her eyes, knowing it was her bloody son dropping the tree.

She quickly walked out, sighing at the sight of her oldest son underneath the tree whilst her youngest laughs and records.

"Park Seonghwa," She sternly said, "What do you think you are doing?" No matter how much she tried to stay serious, she couldn't hide the way her lips pursed with amusement at the sight. Beside her, the two Kang brothers had dissolved into giggles of their own.

"Guys, I'm..." A sigh was heard, "Why am I not surprised?" Everyone turned in the direction of the voice.

"Hi, appa" Yong-Hwan said from underneath the tree. Hyo-Jong sighed, walking over and picking the tree up, getting thanks from his son, and looked around. "So... are there cookies?"

"Cookie, cookie, cookie!" Hongjoong cheered, being reminded of what they were supposed to be doing.

"I'll go wash up; then I'll be down to help" With that, papa Park left. Everyone quickly set off on their own jobs, the three boys getting the house decorated whilst mama Park taught Hongjoong how to make cookies. It was a mess, to say the least.

When the house was warmly lit, tinsel hanging off anything it can and the tired boys were in bed, the two parents sat down and began discussing what they couldn't when the others were up.

"What's new?" Hyun-ah asked her husband whilst sipping her glass of wine.

Hyo-jong sighed, settling down beside his wife. "We've started the investigation secretly. But we're quickly digging up a whole lot of dirt on the bastard," He growled out, remembering some of the things he read today.

"Well, that just means that it would go quicker, right?" She asked, hopeful.

Hyo-Jong just hummed, thinking everything over. Just as he opened his mouth to respond, a whimper sounded out from the doorway leading into the room.

The two turned, catching sight of a small frame clutching onto a stuffed animal as they shook slightly.

"Oh baby, come over here," Once it became apparent who it was, she quickly settled her glass down and opened her arms. The boy wasted no time in running towards the woman and right into the safety of the motherly hold.

"What's wrong, bud?" Hyo-Jong questioned, brushing a hand through the boy's slightly sweat damped hair.

"Scary," A trembling voice answered.

The two were rather surprised at the boy coming to them instead of waking up Yeosang, but they quickly took it in stride, comforting the boy.

"Did you have a bad dream, baby?" Hyun-ah cooed, rubbing the trembling back to calm him.

"Scary," He repeated in confirmation. Hyun-ah sent a look to her husband, having a silent conversation over the small boy's head. The man nodded, getting up and switching all the lights off, then reaching down to collect the still concerningly light boy.

"You wanna sleep in with Hyunnie and Jongie tonight?" The woman questioned, receiving a hum. The three made their way upstairs, settling the boy on the bed, calming him when he let out a whine at being put down.

"You go get ready, I'll stay here. Take it in turns," Hyo-Jong said, curling his arms around the boy as he snuggled into the hold. Hyun-ah nodded, making quick work of getting ready in the en-suite. When she came back, she switched with her husband and settled down for the night, letting the boy cuddle into her side. Then, when Hyo-Jong came back, he was also wrapped in the hug, both cuddling the tiny boy as he slept.