𝓢𝓲𝔁

----Waning, there is abuse in this chapter----

"And where have you been?" The person sneered at him.

Yeosang gulped, face turning away from the stench of alcohol that blew in his face with every syllable that was said.

"Father, please. Let me put Hongjoong to bed, then we can talk okay?" In truth, he wanted to walk away, taking his time putting his hyung to bed and hoping to come across his father passed out on the sofa.

"No" The voice growled out as hand reached out for the small body in his arms, ripping him from his grip.

"Father - no. Please" He begged when he saw Hongjoong awaken.

"Dadda!" Hongjoong cheered when he saw his dad. Yeosang cursed. Hongjoong forgets quite easily. All the things that have happened today he's already forgotten and forgiven. Like the lunch incident.

"You retard!" His father shouted, dropping Hongjoong to the ground. He let out a yelp as he landed. Hongjoong looked up with big eyes. "Retard?" He repeated, confused.

"Hongjoong, no" Yeosang scolded and grabbed onto his arm, pulling him up and pushed his small body behind him. He turned to their father. "Let me get him to bed. Please"

Their father glanced between them. Bringing a hand up to his face and letting out a sigh. "Fine, but get me a beer when you get down boy! Otherwise I'll make sure you don't wake up in the morning" He threatened. Yeosang deflated as he grasped the small hand, quickly guiding him upstairs.

"Come on hyung, beddie-byes" He said, trying to stay positive and keep from his brother that he was terrified. The elder shook his head. "Dadda!" He said back, folding his arms over his chest as he refused to walk into the room.

"Hyung, now. I'm not going to say it again" Yeosang commanded, face serious. The smaller just shook his head again. "Right, that's it" He picked up his hyungs small body and walked him into the room, the boy shrieking as he was carried. Yeosang quickly shut the door and put his hyung on his bed, going to search for some pyjamas. Once he found some, he gave the room a quick once over, searching for a pull up just in case. As it would seem they wouldn't be able to leave the room tonight.

Once he found one, he let out a sigh of relief. It wouldn't hold much, there will be a leakage, but it's better than nothing. Quickly dressing the squirming boy, he gathered him in his arms and sat on the bed, gently rocking the boy to get him to sleep. One of his hands was on the boys back whilst the other ran through his hair, engulfing the boys head in his large hand.

All that could be heard was quiet 'shushing' noises from Yeosang as the boys breaths began to even out as he fell into a slumber. Yeosang let out a breath of relief and laid the boy down, stroking his soft hair and gently kissing his forehead.

"I'll do anything to keep you safe Hongjoong" He muttered as he walked away, locking the door and going downstairs.

Yeosang made his way to the kitchen and pulled out a cold beer, opening it and walking to the lounge where his father was watching the TV loudly with his sock clad feet on the coffee table.

"Dad?" He questioned, hoping the elder had fallen asleep. But luck wasn't on his side now. His father turned to him. "Well? What are you waiting for? Give it you little shit!" He beckoned him over.

Yeosang shuffled over with nervous steps, handing the man his drink. If he could tell the police about his father, he would. But the problem was his father was the chief of police. There was no one who would believe him.

"So, I've heard that you've made friends with that shit, Parks son" His father stated.

"N.no sir" Yeosang stuttered out, his head lowered.

"Don't lie to me boy!" He shouted with rage, head whipping around to face the now trembling boy. He shot up and backhanded Yeosang around the face, causing the boy to fall to the ground. Yeosang looked up. "I.." He didn't get much out as his father began littering his body with punches. Not too long into it, he passed out on the lounge floor.

-

The next morning, Hongjoong awoke to an empty room. Something he wasn't used to at all. As well as having an uncomfortably full pull up. So, he stumbled on shaky legs towards the door, hand grasping the handle and twisting it.

But it didn't open.

He didn't think too much of it. Instead he decided to pull out some toys and stuffies and play.

When Yeosang woke up, he was still in the same place as he was when he passed out. Glancing around, he saw his father had left. Letting out a breath, he slowly got up, not wanting to aggravate his injuries further. He sat on the sofa and did a quick check over himself to ensure nothing was broken. When he was sure there wasn't, he grabbed his phone and powered it on.

He shot up when he saw the time. 1:39 PM. His jaw dropped as he realised he had been passed out for that long. Quickly discarding of his phone, he ran up the creaky stairs and unlocked his bedroom door. At least his father hadn't gone in there. Yeosang kept the key on his person in a place his father wouldn't look at all times.

Opening the door, he saw his hyung on the floor playing with his toys.

"Hey hyung. Sorry I'm a bit late"

Hongjoongs head snapped up, smile coming onto his face as he saw his brother. "Sangie, Sangie, Sangie!" The boy chanted, clapping his hand and flinging himself towards Yeosang. Not realising he as littered with bruises.

Yeosang yelped in pain as Hongjoong headbutted his chest. But quickly hid his pain. Taking one look at his hyung he sighed, "Lets get you clean huh?" Grabbing onto the small, clammy hand and leading him to the bathroom. Usually he wouldn't bath the boy more that three times a week to save money. But he was a little more than messy. So it called for a bath.

He quickly set to work in running the bath, not putting any bubbles in it. Much to his hyungs disappointment. This time, he didn't create a fuss before getting in. Just slipped into the small amount of water when his brother had gotten rid of his clothes.

"How's Joongie today hmm?" Yeosang hummed, trying to get his mind away from what happened last night. "Sangie" Hongjoong replied, pausing. "Happy!" He squealed out, wiggling from his spot in the bath. Yeosang chuckled seeing his hyung so happy. "Are you happy because Sangie's here?" Yeosang teased, already knowing how his hyung would answer.

The boy only turned to Yeosang with a blinding smile and nodded, wrapping his wet arms around Yeosangs neck.

Yeosang sighed.

"Just a little longer hyung, and I'll get us out of here okay?"

And he vowed to keep his promise to the one that loves him no matter what.

He'll get his hyung out of here. Even if it's the last thing he does.

He will.