𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

The days following were tough. With both Yunho and Mingi being aware, it made Yeosang feel a little on edge. Especially with Hongjoong being very clingy and anxious. Usually the boy would have forgot or moved on. But the panic attack he had really left him feeling unsettled.

Today was Wednesday. The boys were all in school. It was going how every school day does. Dragging on with the endless mind numbing voices of the teachers.

Thankfully, they were 5 minuets away from the end of the day. Yeosang sat, palms sweaty as he thought of a certain tattooed male that was sat behind him. He so desperately wanted to turn and take a peak. But every time he thought of it, a blush fell over his face. He was too embarrassed.

"Okay class, you can go!" The teacher shouted over the bell, signalling for them to all get the he'll out of her class.

Yeosang shot up, ignoring the others as he stuffed the papers into his bag and run through the door. Straight down the hall and in front of his hyungs class.

"Sangie" A blob of blue was suddenly under his chin, arms wrapped around his torso and nose nuzzling into his chest.

"Heya hyung. Are you okay?" He asked softly, carding a hand through the hair.

The smaller looked up, doe eyes big and sparkling, pacifier in his mouth and shook his head no.

"Why?" He asked, equally as soft as the last.

"Sangie go"

Yeosang sighed, already knowing that this was the reason. But he just didn't know how to help his hyung. He knew that he had grown some sort of separation anxiety to him due to what their father did.

"Well Sangie's here now, baby. Let's go home, yeah? Say bye-bye to Wooyoungie and your teacher okay?"

The older let go of his brother and ran to his friend, giving him a tight hug and a peck on the cheek with his pacifier still in his mouth. Before waving at his teacher.

Yeosang grabbed the small hand and the boys bag and off they went. 20 minuets of just walking and no talking. Hongjoong had his brothers hand in a death grip as they trudged along. It was nearing winter and the leaves were starting to fall and the air was crisp, sending shivers down the boys spines.

But they made it back in silence. Quickly locking the door and running up to put some comfy, fluffy pyjamas on and snuggle down on the sofa.

"Hyung, I know you don't like it, but Sangie has to leave some times. He can't always be with you. But that doesn't mean I'm leaving you. I would never leave such a cutie alone by himself" Yeosang cooed as he squished the cheekies of the whining boy.

"But...Joonie nee' Sang" he whined out, huffing as he tried to get out of the grip on his cheeks and snuggle into his brothers warmth instead.

"I know baby. That's why I'm not leaving you forever. Sangie will always be by-"

They were cut off by the door forcefully slamming open. Both paused, making sure not to let out a breath.

"Stay here" Yeosang commanded.

"No..no leave Joonie" Hongjoong whispered with shaking lips. He was scared and Yeosang was the one that made it better when he was scared. So he couldn't leave!

"Hyung, trust me" With that, he slowly crept  to the door to investigate. What he saw made him freeze. It was his father. In all his drunken glory. Passed out on the floor.

He made his way over, making sure to keep quiet to not wake the man and knelt down. When the smell of alcohol reached his nose, he flinched back. But he had to make sure the man was actually unconscious.

He was.

"Damn, what do I do now?" He had to think quickly, should he get Hongjoong out of the house before the man woke up?

Making his way back, he quickly reassured his brother and ran upstairs, packing an overnight bag and grabbing his phone. 

He quickly dialed a number and whilst rushing around, grabbing clothes and things his hyung would need for however long they would need to stay away.

"Hello...?" A raspy voice sounded through the phone, out of breath. As well as a muttered curse in the background.

"Yunho, can you pick us up? Dad's home and I don't want anything-"

His best friend cut off his ramblings.

"Sure. We'll be there as soon as possible Sang-ah. Walk to the end of the road, okay?" Yunho hung up, running to his car along with Mingi.

Back at the Kangs, Yeosang was rushing around with the bag of things and ran back downstairs, putting the bag on Hongjoong.

"Come on baby. We're going to stay around Yunhos house okay?"

The boy looked up at him, confused. "Sleep over again?"

"Yeah hyung, a sleep over again"

He pushed the boy out of the back door and turned back around, the sight of his father running over, scaring him.

"Run, Hongjoong run!"

Was the last thing he said before he passed out.

Hongjoong didn't look back, just ran and ran until his legs got numb. He recognised the place he was at, but it didn't hold any significance to him, so he didn't really know.

He just sat on the swing as he cried, rather loudly, into the dark night. Although, he paused when he saw someone coming over to him.

"Hongjoong?"