You are My Sunshine

Start from the beginning

"What happened?" he asked.

"We're not entirely sure. They're waiting for Virgil to wake up so he can tell us to whole story, but what they have so far from surveillance and witnesses is that Virgil was being assaulted, physically and verbally, and it caused him to panic and run. He accidentally ran into the road then froze, resulting in him being hit by the car. The doctors are in there trying to figure out all the damage the car did," explained Roman.

Logan could see Remy's hands clenching, and could practically see steam coming from his ears.

"I'm going to kill who ever did this to him," he growled, but before he could say anymore the doctor came out of the room.

"Remy di Angelo I presume," they said, Remy nodding.

"Alright, Virgil di Angelo is currently under anesthetic now. We need to preform surgery immediately due to internal bleeding caused by the collision. His injuries as of right now are a concussion -to what degree we don't know-, around five fractured ribs, a broken right arm, and internal bleeding. As said the surgery will be immediate, after than we will wait until the anesthetics wear off before proceeding with anything else. This procedure should take around two to three hours," explained the doctor, Remy nodding as if he were a bobble head figure.

"Will he make it?" Remy immediately asked.

"His likelihood of pulling through is very high. Thankfully the car wasn't going at speeds that it would be fatal, probably only going seven miles an hour since it was a school zone. You all may wait in a waiting room until the surgery is over then I can inform you of anything else," said the doctor.

"Alright. Thank you sir," murmured Remy, Emile talking his hand and letting Remy lean on his shoulder.

"Also, before I go to prepare for the surgery, I should mention that while we were looking Mr. di Angelo over there were many bruises on his sides and chest that weren't caused by the car, along with many scars on his chest, torso, back and arms. They appear to be inflicted by another party and some appear to have needed stitches they were so deep," added the doctor before leaving, everyone's eyes widening.

"W-what's that supposed to mean?" asked Remus, his voice shaky.

"It means that Virgil has been hurt before. And he hid it from us. He's been hiding his pain this entire time," said Remy, who looked so. . . defeated.

"Sorry we're late! What happened? Is Virgil okay?!"

Janus and Patton came running to them down the hall, Patton on the verge of tears and Janus on the brink of cardiac arrest.

"Virgil's going into surgery. We'll be updated on his condition once he's out," Logan said, still trying to process this entire event.

Everyone around him was reacting to this, the twins looking like they had cried their souls out, Remy crying and panicky, Emile was also scared, but very occupied helping his boyfriend, both Patton and Janus were worried to the point of tears and heart failure. What was Logan doing? He was standing there like this was an average Tuesday. He should be reacting, his boyfriend was in surgery after just being hit by a car!

Emotions were running a muck in Logan's mind; fear and worry for Virgil, plain worry about how Virgil had been hiding his pain, sadness that he couldn't be there for him, anger towards those who hurt Virgil, concern for his friends who seemed to be having just as hard a time as him, and confusion as to what he should be doing at this time. This had never happened to him before. He didn't know how to react so he did the only thing that seemed right in the moment; he cried. He cried silently and no one seemed to notice (if they did they didn't acknowledge it, but to be fair they all were crying), but boy oh boy did he cry.

They ended up migrating from outside the room to a nearby waiting room where everyone sat for the next three hours, the first hour everyone draining themself of emotions as they cried and feared for their friend. Remy was curled up in one of the chairs, his face in his knees as he sobbed for his little brother, Emile by his side with a worried expression.

"Not again. I'm sorry. I couldn't help him. I failed. I'm sorry, Virgil," he kept muttering through his tears, Emile making soft noises while rubbing his boyfriend's back.

"Remy what do you mean not again?" Patton asked after a while, everyone's tears either out or dried up.

"How do you think our fucking parents died? I promised him in the hospital then that I wouldn't let anything hurt him again now that she was gone, but I can't do even that!" Remy hissed.

Someone else was about to speak but then the doctor walked in, holding a clipboard.

"Virgil is out of surgery, all went smoothly, but he's still under anesthesia. As said surgery was fine, we've put his broken arm in a cast. I would like to keep Mr. di Angelo here in the hospital for three weeks so we can check up on him and his progress. After he gets out he will be on bed rest for a week. Now I would highly recommend you all return home for the day, seeing as it's 9:18 at night and visiting hours are closed then come back here tomorrow if you are able. I believe you're school is canceled for tomorrow due to the incident that just happened today," said the doctor.

"Alright. Thank you doctor. What time is visiting hours?" Remy asked.

"8 a.m. to 8 p.m." answered the doctor.

"Alright,"

And so they all went home, still worried about their friend, but feeling slightly better now that they knew he was in stable condition and would be waking up soon.

I'm fulling willing to admit that parts of this chapter were hard to write.

Next chapter Virgil wakes up and we get to see him conscious again!