Freaks

Trigger Warnings: fear

The next day Virgil was feeling better.

He had a one hour nap, then finished up his minimal amount of homework. Remy and him cuddled up together and watched movies for the rest of the day to help drown out the constant thunder rumbles and lightening flashes. They made a blanket and pillow fort, Remy let Virgil have ice cream for dinner which was a common occurrence when he had panic attacks in school. Once done watching several movies Virgil went to bed, feeling better about the next school day.

The next morning he got up, got dressed in a lovely blue and pink dress, there behind two pockets on the skirt of the dress and buttons going up the torso. A light pink bow tie was on the collar and it had no sleeves since it was incredibly humid after the prior day's rain. After dressing and such he grabbed his stuff for school then hurried downstairs to find that Remy wasn't there. Virgil assumed he had chosen to work on classes in his room rather than the kitchen table and carried on. He grabbed a banana before leaving.

He met up with Janus and Remus who were both very happy to hear he was okay. They walked to the bus stop with light chatter going between them. The bus ride was the same as the walk, banter going between them as they were driven down the road to school. The trio parted ways and the rest of the school day was pretty relaxed.

Art was a simple graphite sketch to prove they could shade and use detail. In AP Astronomy Virgil took the test and, while he was nervous he believed he did alright, but he double and triple checked his answer which inadvertently caused him to finish last. Chris didn't even bother Virgil on his way to the cherry blossom tree which was a miracle sent from the heavens. Lunch was relaxed as well along with English. The only truly interesting thing that happened that day was in Enriched Politics, of course.

Virgil had sat down in his seat and was doodling a kitten with butterfly wings in his sketchbook when his desk mate arrived.

"Glad to see you're better Virgil. Nice tie," Logan said, sitting down and looking at the pink bow tie.

Virgil smiled and flushed, never being used to complements from anyone besides Remy, Remus, Janus, and maybe Emile.

"T-thanks. I'm matching you now," stammered Virgil while pointing at Logan's new navy blue tie.

"I see. Are you coming for my style di Angelo?" Logan smirked and Virgil's eyes widened.

"Oh nonononononono! I would never, I like my style, you can keep yours!" Virgil squeaked, Logan chuckled into his hand.

"I was teasing Virgil, you can relax," snickered the punkish boy.

Virgil nodded then looked down at his desk, his face warm from embarrassment.

"I like your nails by the way. Where'd you get them done at?" Logan said, Virgil attention being snapped over to him.

"O-oh. I did them myself," Virgil said, looking down at the pastel pinkish purple and blue galaxy nails he gave himself, the silvery white stars and dots shimmering slightly in the classroom's light.

"Really?" Logan looked surprised which caused more blush to creep onto Virgil's cheeks. At this point he was probably pink and for half a second Virgil wished he wasn't albino since blush showed up so much easier on his pale skin.