Die Young

Trigger Warnings: swearing (someone cover Virgil's ears!), secrets?, sending someone to watch someone else (but not in a stalker way)

(Oooooo Logan's perspective. Had to spice things up, ya know?)

Logan got home from school dripping wet. His friend and roommate, Roman, had forgotten to mention that he would be practicing his audition for the play at Patton's house. Logan would have join them, but based on past experiences he would very quickly grow bored and annoyed with the constant singing since it was most likely a musical. The fact that Roman wasn't there to drive him home made Logan walk home in the rain. To be fair to the weather, it was only a light sprinkle for most of the walk, but when he was over halfway there the bottom of the sky figuratively fell out which cause Logan to be the dripping wet mess he was.

After drying his damp hair and a quick change of clothes Logan was feeling better, flopping onto the couch with a huff and taking out a book. He propped his feet up in the arm of the couch and began reading. He could finish his homework later, it was easy after all.

About ten minutes later and the door opened then closed rather loudly. Logan glanced up from his rather dull novel to see Remus walking in, having already kicked off his shoes before he entered. Remus seemed to be upset, or frustrated, dropping his bag rather harshly on the ground so it made a thump. He then started pacing between the kitchen area and the living room, running his hand through his hair several times while mumbling incoherently to himself.

"Hello Remus. Something bothering you?" Logan greeted and by the startled stumble from Remus Logan assumed that he hadn't noticed the other presence.

"Oh. Hey dork. Ah, nothing, nothing at all. That makes you think that?" Remus said, leaning on the back of an armchair.

"Well your abnormal walking patterns, repetitive movements and muttering tell me otherwise," Logan closed his book having committed the page number he was in to the back of his memory.

"You got me there," Remus sighed, sliding down the armchair so he was laying upside down. "I think somethin's wrong with one of my friends. And the poor lil bean had a panic attack in his last class because of the thunder. He had to be sent home with his brother. After school Jay and I called to check up on him, Remy told us he was fine, then said our literal fucking angel wouldn't be going to school on Friday. Remy thinks some fuckwads are harassing him or some shit, and I'm worried about him."

"I see. Whom might this friend be?" Logan inquired while raising an eyebrow.

"Virgil. Small albino boy, wears pastel dresses and skirts a lot and fucking slays in them! Has dyed pastel blue, purple, and pink hair. Big purple and grey doe eyes. That Virgil," Remus said, using his hands and fingers to convey his thoughts more clearly.

"Ah. Virgil di Angelo. I met him today. Turns out we have two classes together. I had to take him to the office because of the panic attack you mentioned," said Logan, checking his nails and noticing many of them were chipped and fading. He made a mental note to himself to make a quick stop at the salon to get them redone, despite how much it'll probably cost.

"That was you?! Thanks for helping him! Didn't know you care," Remus exclaimed, his eyes getting bigger.

"If someone is in need of help I will care. At least, if it's someone cute," Logan said, mumbling the last part but he was nearly certain Remus heard him.

If Remus did hear him, however, he didn't show it, instead going quiet for several long moments. Logan gave Remus a look, but the mustached man didn't seem to see it, his eyes staring blankly into the distance util he snapped out of his little trance.

"Logan you said you have two classes with Virgil, right?" Remus started, Logan knowing he was going to say something serious since he used his name instead of a nickname.

"Yes, AP Astronomy and Enriched Politics. Why is this relevant?" questioned the punk boy.

"I was wonder, could you do me a favor?" Remus looked Logan dead in the eye.

"Depends on what the favors is," replied Logan.

"Could you possibly keep an eye on Virgil. I know the bean can take care of himself and wouldn't keep secrets from us, but I have a terrible feeling that something's going on that he's not telling us. You don't give two shits what teachers think and are a pretty good defender. Could you watch out for him and report back if anything happens?" Remus asked before adding, "You don't have to become friends or anything. Just look after him during and in between classes."

"First: I do care what teachers think, just not any of my teachers. Second: why don't you or Janus look out for Virgil? You are friends with him," said Logan while look skeptical.

"Janus and I don't have any classes with him. Also I think Virgil would have a heart attack if he somehow found out we, his best friends, were spying in him. That would break his trust and he would just tear himself up on the inside. This is better since he barely knows you. If you start showing up in a few random places he's in then it might not be as suspicious," explained Remus.

"Your plan is flawed, but whatever. Do I get anything out of this?" Logan sat up from his spot laying on the couch.

"Hhmmm. Well if you happen get close enough with Virgil because of this he might be willing to paint your nails. For free," offered Remus.

"I don't need some armature painting my nails Remus," Logan scoffed.

"Bitch please, he did these bad bois!" Remus extended his hands to Logan, showing off the nail job.

Logan was amazed to say the least. Remus' nails were all a green color, but they faded from dark to light, the thumb being the darkest while the pinky was the lightest. Both middle fingers had tiny, heavily detailed octopi painted on them, a lighter green used on the body and darker green used under the tentacles and eyes. The other fingers had darker or lighter tentacles coming off the individual nail in all directions, but it was limited to one tentacle per a finger. The detail and composition was breathtaking along with how skillfully it was done, there were no smudges or mess ups. It was nearly flawless.

"I can tell by your gobsmacked expression that you're impressed," grinned Remus.

"Quite," muttered Logan.

"Yeah, our lil puffball sure has a skill for nail painting, also makeup and hair styling. He's helped out with the school play in the makeup department every year. And he just keeps getting better and better," Remus praised the pastel boy.

"Alright. I suppose I'll help with the prospect of getting nail like those for free," said Logan.

"Great! I'll tell Jay!" Remus pulled his phone out of his pocked and ran into his room to make the call.

Logan laid back down on the couch.

"Lets hope this goes well. For all of our sakes," he thought.

This story is ranked fucking 8th place for analogical!

Another one of my stories is in 2nd!!!

Also, you have all chosen a fate for this story on my other story, "To the Stars and Back".
Car accident it is, and it'll happen here.
I won't say when, I won't say with who, and I won't be giving out any more details.
Just know that y'all chose this