Signs that I love you (Nalu)

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I groaned, almost falling out of bed as I slammed my hand down the alarm clock on my bedside table, the incessant beeping harshly tugging me from my dream as I felt the sharp vibrations attacking the bed as well. Every muscle in my body was screaming at me to close my eyes, curl back up with my personal heater and sleep away the rest of the day.

But my university had other plans for me.

Who the hell chooses to host a compulsory seven o'clock lecture in the morning and have an exam for all creative writing students on the same day? Plus my business teachers both gave me assignments due for today as well so I barely got any sleep as I worked on them last night.

I pushed myself up, rubbing my eyes as I padded out from underneath the covers and strode over to the window, pulling open the curtains in the hope that some sunlight would push some energy in my bones.

A cute groan came from behind me and I turned to see a pair of tired onyx eyes staring up at me, "why so early?"

I gently sat next to him, smiling sweetly, "I have a lecture. Go back to sleep."

He closed his eyes again, curling back into the pillow as I went to get dressed. Unfortunately, as soon as I pulled on my jeans, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

I gently leaned into him, humming slightly as I felt him hum with me. We were both completely out of tune but I didn't care as I giggled at him.

He took a hold of the belt loops in my jeans and twisted me around so that I was almost falling into his chest. He held me close, a smile appearing on the edge of his lips before he leaned down and kissed me. My fingers twisted in his hair as his hands stayed on my waist, holding me even closer.

We broke apart pretty soon as I pulled back and rested my head against his chest, enjoying hearing his heartbeat against my ears. We just stood there, swaying slightly to no music and enjoying each other's company.

I looked over my shoulder and spotted the time on my clock, sighing and pulling away, "I need to get dressed."

He nodded, wandering over to his clothes and pulling on a shirt, "I'll come with you."

I shook my head, flicking my hair out from underneath my top, "you don't need to, I'll be fine on my own."

He looked over with puppy dog eyes, "please?"

I pulled on a hoodie, trying my hardest to keep my willpower as strong as it was, "you don't know some of the girls on my course. They'll see you and throw themselves at you." I chuckled, watching as he smirked.

"Why would they throw themselves at me?" He asked, walking slowly up to me.

I bit my lip, looking up at him with a smile, "well, look at you. Who wouldn't?"

He laughed again, placing his hands on my cheeks and gently kissing me, "I'm going to take that as a compliment."

I pulled back, finding a pair of earrings and pulling my hair into a messy ponytail. Knowing that he was going to come with me, I walked out of the room and into the kitchen of my apartment. I found a breakfast bar buried in the back of a cupboard and stuffed it in my mouth, gathering books in my bag and flicking over my notes for the exam one more time before I met Natsu at the door.

He was waiting for me, his scarf wrapped around his neck and shoes already on as he took a hold of my hand, pulling me out of the door. We walked through Magnolia in silence, holding hands and watching the sunrise on the cold September morning. It was a calm walk to the university lecture hall and we could only see a few people around, most of whom I recognised from my course.