When Ocean And Juniper Collide

I have not put a ship name in this title because I want to keep it kind of a surprise. Not many people ship these two but I will always love them. Hope you enjoy it.

Freed didn't know what to expect when he stared across the arena from his balcony, but he definitely wasn't expecting a pair of eyes to meet his.

With a gasp, he looked away, directing his attention back to the blonde-haired mage being beaten into the ground below. Laxus was losing. There were no denying it. His entire body was covered in bruises and scratches as Alexei pummelled him, tossing his almost limp body throughout the battlefield with one relentless attack after another. The battle had barely started and yet one of the strongest members of their guild, the grandson of the master, was being made a fool of.

And then, somehow, Laxus managed to break free from the incessant attacks and sent his own back. Maybe he would make it?

But Freed wasn't worrying about Laxus, despite the mauling he had been given at the start. No, he wasn't. Rather, he was stressing to himself about the dark green pair of eyes boring into his forehead.

He glanced up again, a small blush appearing on his cheeks as he realised the eyes had not moved, barely even blinked, from their stare. They were a dark shade of juniper, glimmering with hope and Freed swore he could even see a small sparkle in them as their gazes met from across the distance.

They stayed like that for a while, just staring into each other's eyes. Then, almost suddenly, a smirk formed on the green-eyed person's lips and they turned away, gently clapping as the crowd cheered around them.

Freed found himself dazed as he turned back, for some reason expecting to see his leader beaten and bloody on the ground but instead found himself extremely surprised to see that he was stood upright. The entirety of his scratches and bruises had disappeared and all of the Raven Tail competitors lying broken at his feet. Alexei looked the worst by far as his armour was obliterated, revealing the scarred face of Laxus' own father. Ivan.

Freed's mouth turned dry as Laxus turned to the Fairy Tail balcony. His heart soared as their eyes met for a glance before it plummeted down to his stomach as he watched them trail across him and land on the white-haired beauty stood next to him, sending a small wink at the barmaid before he strolled out with his hands in his pockets.

Taking a deep breath, Freed excused himself as the next two people walked - well, more like tripped - out onto the field.

He brushed his hair out of his eyes as he disappeared into the deserted corridor, taking a deep breath as soon as he was away from the bustling guild balcony, who were busy cheering Wendy on in her fight.

Biting his lip slightly, he set off down the stone hallway, deciding that a drink may help to ease his churning stomach. He made sure to avoid the path that he knew Laxus was making as he walked up to the Fairy Tail balcony, no doubt to explain what happened in the fight, and instead found himself doubling back multiple times and sneaking past the Sabertooth balcony. He paused for a second, glancing through the door to see the twin slayers talking off to the side while a certain green-eyed person watched the fight with an air of boredom.

Freed swallowed and carried on with his path, only halting when a cough appeared from behind him.

He turned on his heel, immediately being greeted by an unpleasant smirk and dark black hair, "I was surprised to find a fairy fly like you wandering around outside of our balcony. Did you get lost, little bug?"

"Minerva," Freed stated, staring up at her, not answering her question.

She studied him, trailing one finger up his neck as he pulled back in disgust, "that's me. But who are you, insect?"