Forced to Be With You (Nalu)

"If you hug me in your sleep again, I'm going to kick you."

***

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT HUGGING ME IN YOUR SLEEP?"

With a groan, Natsu fell to the floor. A brand new and foot-shaped mark was beginning to form on his jaw, courtesy of his - now raging - wife, who stormed from their bed and angrily grabbed her clothes before she slammed the door behind her in the bathroom.

"Damn, Luce," Natsu muttered as he stumbled to his feet and got changed himself, walking downstairs as he waited for Lucy to return.

She did and was in a better mood as she hummed and made breakfast, having forgotten about Natsu's transgressions as she served up pancakes, "eat quickly, we have to leave soon."

Natsu did as told and devoured his food in seconds before he grabbed his scarf, shoes and bag and waited for Lucy by the car. This was the normal routine for them - minus Natsu getting kicked in the jaw - and Lucy soon emerged to lock the door of their house and climb into the car.

As Natsu pulled out of the driveway and onto the road, Lucy gasped, "we're still wearing our rings," she said, glancing down at the rose-gold band covering her finger, "can you turn around and head back? We can't wear these at school."

Natsu groaned, "we're already pushing being late, Luce. Just shove it in the glove box and we'll put them away when we get back," he told her, pulling his own ring off to hand to her without taking his eyes off the road.

Lucy nodded and placed them in the corner of the glove box before she plugged the aux cord into her phone and the silence was filled with laughter.

***

"I can't believe you told him that!" Lucy scoffed as the car came to a stop.

"What?" Natsu spoke with a grin, "he asked if we had any terms of endearments and you weren't coming up with any so I said the first thing that came to mind!"

Lucy giggled and stepped out of the car, walking with him into the school building, "but Honey? Cutie pie? I thought I was gonna throw up!"

"Would you rather I called you Babe?" Natsu asked, slinging his arm over her shoulder.

Lucy hummed, "I think anything is better than Cutie Pie."

Natsu laughed and kissed her on the crown of her head when no one was looking. Lucy pushed him away with a laugh, warning him not to do that in front of their friends or they'll start getting ideas.

They opened the door to their form room, spotting the rest of their friends sat on chairs as they talked. Lucy was immediately pulled away by Levy, who pulled away by a blue-haired girl, who complimented her on her shirt. Natsu held back a scoff as he realised that she was wearing one of his shirts but held it back. None of them knew that they lived together.

"Yo, ice-balls," Natsu spoke, hitting a dark-haired man in the side of the head, "didn't crash your new car yet?"

"Shut it, ash-hat," he growled, "I'm not as stupid as you."

"Yeah well at least your stinky butt isn't messing up the interior of my ride anymore," Natsu retorted with a grin, laughing as Gray punched him in the shoulder before he sat down and joked around as they waited for school to start.

***

Lucy giggled as she teased Erza, stepping out of her classroom to walk headfirst into Natsu's chest, "ah, sorry about that," she smiled, stepping to the side to move past him.