Storm (Gale)

The pitter-patter of rain tapped against the window but neither of the people in the room seemed to care. Their legs were intertwined and hands clasped between them, no words needing to be spoken between the two as they lay together.

It was an unlikely pair. The short blue-haired girl with a massive love of books was not expected to fall in love with the harsh iron dragon slayer, who had teased her about her height every single day before the fateful moment when they accidentally blurted out that they loved each other. After that, the two were almost inseparable as they went everywhere together, laughing and arguing wherever they went before they collapsed into bed together at the end of the day, curled up with tranquil looks on their faces.

Neither of them were asleep as they listened to the rain, the soft noise calming their minds until a roll of thunder came from outside.

Levy was surprised when Gajeel let out a small groan, "what's wrong?" She asked quietly, sitting up slightly to meet eyes with him. He didn't know what to say but was saved as a thump came from the room next door, "what was that?"

"I'm not sure," Gajeel replied although he already knew what it was.

Before he could do anything, Levy was already standing up as she whispered, "stay there, I'll check it out," as she stepped out of the room. He lay there, waiting to see when she would return as he rested his hands behind his head.

Levy felt the cool surface underneath her bare feet as she padded along the corridor until she started to hear sniffing coming from Lily's room. She gently knocked on the door and opened it, surprised to see a ball of quivering blankets on the floor. Her heart relaxed its frantic beating when she realised that the source of the noise was Lily falling off his bed. But why?

She bent down and knelt on the floor to pull the blankets down, "Lily? What's wrong?"

The poor cat was quaking as he cracked one eye open, "Levy?" He muttered, "is the storm gone?"

Another roll of thunder caused him to yelp and fly into Levy's embrace, burying his shaking head into her chest as his fear overtook him.

Levy couldn't help her pity for the small creature as she stood up, holding him tightly to her. She found herself rocking him slightly as she walked back to Gajeel's room, whispering soothing words under her breath all the way.

Gajeel's he'd popped up when the door creaked open and let out a sigh of relief when he saw Lily cradled in her arms. He didn't mind when she placed the cat down between them before she snuggled in as well, the silence broken by Gajeel asking, "how did you know?"

"Know what?" Levy replied, her voice filled with confusion.

Gajeel groaned as he knew that he would have to reply honestly or she would not leave him alone as he whispered, "I let Lily stay in here whenever there's a storm."

Levy couldn't help but giggle but let out a gasp as Gajeel pinched her nose, "what was that for?"

He ruffled her hair and pulled the two of them closer into his chest, taking a deep breath and letting the scent of old books and kiwis enter his nose, "you're gonna be a great mum one day," he yawned, closing his eyes,

Levy was surprised as she stared up at him, "where did that come from?" She asked quietly.

Gajeel didn't say anything but lazily reached up to flick Lily's ear, showing her why he had said that.

Immediately, an image of having a family with Gajeel filled her mind. They had been going out for a few years, they were coming up to two years living together and she had seen a ring-shaped box hidden in his sock drawer the last time she was cleaning. She knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him so the idea of being a mother wasn't such a terrible idea. She could almost see two blue-haired and red-eyed children running around the house but the image also brought a bright blush to her face.

Eventually, a smile appeared on her face, "I'd need someone by my side to help me with them," she muttered, pulling Lily to rest on her chest so that she could shuffle even closer to Gajeel and let him wrap an arm around them. All three falling asleep.

Together.

Okay, this is short and not good but it's enough for me.

I've really just not been feeling it recently but I'm trying to keep going and this was the best that I could do.

Thank you for dealing with my bad writing and awful updates at the moment.

Stay safe!