57 Do You Wanna Know?

Arabella

"Xander?" I whispered, cautiously taking a step closer to his unconscious body.

"He's not going to be able to help" a sharp voice behind me took my attention. I whipped around to see the redhead I never thought I'd see again.  Lyana. Last rime I ran into her she was an apprentice witch for the Bergman Coven. Well, seems like someone's got an upgrade.

She stood in the doorway, arms crossed over her chest as she eyed Xander with a fake sympathy. And all I wanted to do was claw her sickening eyes out.

"What did you do to him?" I flicked my wrists. Nothing. I looked down at my hands and back up at her, confused. No. This isn't happening.

"Arabella, are you really that stupid?" she tilted her head at me, a sick smile spreading across her face "You little magic tricks aren't going to work in here" she gestured to the tiny room.

"My little magic tricks?" I looked up with her through narrowed eyes as an ironic chuckle escaped me. All thoughts of our possible death flew out of my head "So do these little magic tricks scare you enough for you to ward off the place?"

"Extra precautions. One can never be too safe, I say" she shrugged. Oh, how I wanted to drive a knife through her this very instant.

"If I didn't know you well enough, I'd say you were scared" I tilted my head, mimicking her fake tone.

"You're not in a position to make jokes here, Arabella" she glared at me. Her smile suddenly fading.

I was about to reply when I was interrupted by a boy running in through the door "Lyana" he gasped.

She didn't respond. She just glanced at him, as if giving him permission to speak.

"She got away" the boy whispered. Too bad this room was small enough for me to hear him. The wave of relief that washed over me in that second took me by surprise. But that was soon replaced by fear.

Kinsley was out there all by herself. Xander managed to help her escape. I tried to cloak her but she was out there all alone. In the middle of the wood.  What if there were wild animals? I don't even know if the cloaking spell worked properly.

I looked at Xander's unconscious form. He hadn't transitioned completely. His shirt was almost torn, pants baggy around his waist, and blood along his shoulder from where these freaks had shot him.

Come on, Xander. Wake up, I prayed hoping for a miracle.

"You think you're smart? Cloaking the girl. She'll die out there by herself before she could even think of anything" Lyana practically growled at me, taking a step closer towards the door.

"Oh, you don't worry about that. I'd rather see her dead than in your hands" I hissed out.

"Still the conniving bitch you were, Arabella" she shook her head "Some people never learn" she turned around to the wolf boy and ordered "Hunt her down. I want that child back at any cost"

I smirked to myself, knowing the cloaking spell had worked. But the fact still remains - she was out there all by herself. So my only hope was Sage or Nathaniel realising something was actually wrong. The chances of them finding us were slim. But the witches needed them. They needed them for the spell.

Dammit.

The spell.

"How are you going to manage that spell by yourself, Lyana? We both know you're not strong enough" I walked up to the threshold, staring at her through the invisible force field caging us in here.