49 Our Best Shot

Axel

The sound of slow footsteps approaching took my attention. I looked up to see Sage, standing at the door pouting in her long robe, which I knew damn well she was wearing nothing under.

"I thought you were sleeping" I sat back in my chair, wondering where the intoxicating blood smell was coming from until my eyes landed on the huge goblet in her hand.

"I was" she casually strode into the office "I didn't find you in the room, so I thought you might be here and viola.." she spread her arms, dramatically.

"You got yourself a snack" I eyed the drink in her hand.

"I asked Ashton for a small glass" She walked around the table and stretched her arm out to me and I gladly took the glass, taking a big sip while she stood hugging her robe around her, staring at the midnight skies of Gervase.

"You haven't shown me around yet" she glanced to the side at me and gazed back outside with a smirk knowing fully well I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"We haven't exactly been out much at all" i smiled and she immediately whipped her head around to look at me with those wide green eyes. She still smelt of me and the teasing smirk playing on her lips was making it harder for me to focus on what I came in here to do.

"We haven't" she tilted her head and took a step towards me and slid down on my lap.

"Sage" I warned. She saw through that fake resistance.

"Sage what?" she ran her hand down my bare chest, tracing every muscle she could.

"Fuck" I hissed when she moved up against my hips.

"We could've been doing that" she smiled and then her face hardened and she grabbed a fistful of my hair, pulling my head back "Now tell me, why aren't we in bed already?"

"We don't need a bed, baby" I grabbed the back of her neck, pulling her down to kiss her. Gosh, this was insane.

This is all we did for the last one week. The only time we actually got out of bed is to either feed or if I was called out for some work. I grabbed her waist, pushing her back against the desk and it was as if on cue, there was a knock on the door.

Sage ripped away from me, panting biting her lips and hopped off the desk, tightening her robe around her making me curse under my breath. Maybe she was right. I should have stayed in bed.

"What?" I ran my hand through my hair and sat down in my chair, trying to look as not aroused as possible.

"I'm sorry" Ashton slid the door open "But there's a call from Kallihan" he held up a phone in his hand.

I instinctively looked at Sage and she was standing there frowning at Ashton "Who is it?"

"The King" he looked at Sage "He doesn't seem too happy" he walked over and handed me the phone.

I held out the phone to Save who shook her head "Nope. I don't wanna deal with his bad mood, now"

"You do realise he can hear you" I held up the phone.

"Um no" Ashton cut in "I haven't transferred the line over yet...I'll do that now" and hurried out of the room

"I need a shower, Axel" she returned those greens in my direction.

"Is that an invitation?"

"Hello? What the fuck is this shit?" Ezra's booming voice came through the phone, taking our attention.

Sage mouthed a "bye" and was gone within a fraction of a second.

"For fucks sake" his annoyed voice came through again.