07 Rest

Sage

I woke up with the light hitting my eyes and an ache in my chest. My mind went back to the night before and what happened. Images flashed before my eyes in seconds but the light kept hitting through the curtains.

My eyes focused on a man standing at the window with his back facing me.

No.

I knew who this was. How could I forget the man that pulled my heart from my chest. His red eyes flashed before me again. The thought of what I felt in that moment rushed through me again and my body just moved on its own.

"What are you doing here?" I had him pinned against the wall by his neck again.

But he didn't do anything. He wasn't even surprised. He just smiled at me. I furrowed my brows and tightened my grip around his neck.

"Is this your way of saying Good Morning?" he smirked at me with his grey eyes sparkling at me. It took me a second to process, but I remembered who he was. I knew him.

He looked down at my hand on his throat and then back at me.
"This feels too familiar love" he smirked again and then his face got serious as he glared at me " you trying to play back last night?

Within a second he moved my hand off his throat and pushed me back. Before I knew it my back hit the matress and he was over me...with his hand around my neck. I knew he wouldn't hurt me intentionally. But there was a warning in his eyes.

"Axel Cassius" i smirked back. I remembered him now. His brother and I used to work together. But that didn't tone down the anger in me.

"Yes" He was still towering over me. His voice was low and husky. But his eyes were full of life. "Took you long enough" His eyes moved across every feature of mine so quick that if I had to blink I wouldn't notice it.

I just lay there with my hands to my side. Even though the room wasn't completely lit, the little sun rays coming in hit his cheekbones perfectly. His grey eyes looked darker over me. I took a moment to absorb his features since he didn't even make an attempt to move off me.

"I'm a little slow this morning you know" and he tilted his head slightly as if he were paying more attention to what I was saying

" not every day you get your heart ripped out of your chest". My voice was dripping with sarcasm but it did have an effect on him.

He just looked at me with concern. I didn't move an inch. I couldn't even if I tried. He had his hand around my neck holding me down and he was literally between my legs pinning me down even more making me unable to move . Although he was trying to hold himself up as much as he could so he wouldn't touch me it didn't help much.

He looked down at my chest as if he was making sure I was healed. He removed his hand from my neck.  I hadn't realised how close we were until he had moved back and put them on either side of my face. He was still towering over me. It wasn't that difficult for him coz he was way taller than me. 

"I'm sorry" his voice was barely above a whisper as he hung his head.

I knew that. He wouldn't do something like that intentionally. Not because he cared about my wellbeing. But because his brother and mine were somewhat business partners which was crucial for the functioning of the Kingdoms.

"Its alright" i nodded. I wanted to stand up so I put my hand on his shoulders to signal him to move which he understood.

He immediately backed up and stood beside the bed and I stretched my legs out hanging them off the bed. His broad shoulders were blocking the light from hitting my eyes again. So I just lay there on the bed with my hands now crossed over my stomach.