27 I Have To Find Her

Axel

I ran my hand down my face in frustration for the hundredth time in the past ten minutes.

"Where the fuck is my sister?" Ezra slammed his hand down on the glass table, cracking it.

Ethan stood before him, hanging his head with a disappointed look.

"Nathaniel sai.."

"Nathaniel said she left for the Palace. She should have been here by now. She isn't. There is no trace of her for miles." he growled.

I didn't say a word. I was almost frozen in my spot. My mind was all over the place going over every worst case scenario that could pop up in my mind. She wouldn't go to Cohen. Xander didn't want vampires in his territory for a while. Besides the journey was too long. Where else could she go?

"What if there was another attack?" Ethan spoke the one possibility I didn't want to consider.

"No. If Sage was running around tearing through people, we would have known by now" he leaned his bloody hands down on the shattered glass before him.

I shouldn't have left her. I should have stayed. She wanted me to. I knew it.

Guilt started crawling through me, flashes from earlier started swirling. Maybe I pushed it too far. But why would she be affected by something I said.

No.

Something wasn't adding up.

"I have to find her" I stood up, and began walking towards the door. 

A gush of wind and Ezra was standing infront of me.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to look for her" i practically growled back at him.

"What? You barely know the place" he pushed me back.

"I don't care. I need to find her" i pushed him back against the wall, with all my force.

"You're not going to find her Axel. You barely know the place" his eyes held a baffled look.

"Like I said, I don't care" i pushed past him to walk out.

He wasn't going to let me.

"Axel"

"Don't you dare try to stop me Ezra" I shot him a glare.

"We don't know what happened. We don't know where she is. We don't even know where to start looking." he raised his hands in defeat.

"So you're just going to sit here, while your sister is ..."

"No Axel" he cut me off.

"I'm not going to sit here while my sister is out there all by herself in the middle of the God damn war" he yelled. Anger dripping from every word he just said.

But the anger in me was seething to a boiling point.

"Then what are you going to do about it?" I took a step towards him, standing right in his face.

"Are y'all gonna kiss?" We heard an arrogant tone and immediately whipped our head in the direction.

Nathaniel stood against the door frame, arms crossed over his chest.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Ezra shot at him.

"Ethan left without me, I had to catch up" he shot Ethan a glare and walked in.

"When did she leave the tower?" I rested my hands on my hips, trying to ease the pressure rushing through me.

"Not sure. But it was a while back. She seemed pretty pissed about something. You know anything about that Axel?" he gave me a glare.