Nine || Honey From Underswap

Heya! Sorry again for the later update, this chapter was rewritten quite a few times because I kept having issues with it TwT Tell me your thoughts on this part in the comments, hope ye enjoy! :)

~~~

A few days have gone by since your team of assorted Sanses set up base in the Doodlesphere, to your surprise everything has gone relatively smoothly. Besides the bickering between Cross and Red, the two edgelords of the house, the group has gotten along pretty well. Blue's cooking is improving, Classic's puns are becoming more bearable, and Dream seems to be thriving off of all the camaraderie.

To be honest, you were a bit paranoid at first with this whole thing. You were almost certain that Nightmare and his followers would be knocking at your front door by day two, but luckily nothing's happened.

Cross has been trying to help you regain control over your powers so you're able to fight like you used to. Because of your recent change of heart (or soul), it's much harder to conjure a sword, or any weapon for that matter. You're guessing that you got lucky that one day in UnderFresh, because now it's celebrated if you manage to flicker a pocket knife into life. Even then, it's extremely difficult to maintain the little knife.

Cross is like a big brother trying to help his younger sister learn how to ride a bike, he watches your every move intently. Right now as you hold a yellow blade in your dominant hand, Cross stares at you with bated breath.

"Okay, (Y/N), just keep it steady," He says, holding out his hands as if you might fall backwards. You don't reply, you're afraid that if you break your concentration even a little bit, the knife would poof out of existence. A few beads of sweat form on your brow at the strain this is putting on your body, you exhale shakily in an attempt to calm your quivering muscles.

The blade still maintains a solid form, bringing a proud smile to Cross' face.

"Good, good," He says, "maybe if you're able to keep it up for just a little while longer, you could try to swing it at something,"

"Jeez, are you even trying?!" The irritating ghost, Chara, scoffs. They plop down on the living room sofa and watch you like a disappointed parent. Cross attempts to smack the bratty human, but his hand just swishes right through them.

"I could make a knife better than that when I was, like, eight or something! This is just pathetic!" Chara continues. You do your best to block their voice out, inhaling deeply through your nose.

"Shut it, kid," Cross snarls, "she's trying her best,"

"If that's her best, then she's got no chance against Nightmare and those other trashbags..." Chara grumbles.

Another failed attempt at a smack from Cross.

Suddenly, Ink is shoved into the living room by a very energetic looking Blue. At their entrance, Chara mumbles something about having a headache, then vanishes from the scene.

You break your concentration by turning to look at the two skeletons and the knife in your hand fades away. Well, it probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.

"Can we help you?" Cross asks, a heavy amount of annoyance in his voice.

"They live here too, grouch," You say.

"But you were concentrating so well, you were THIS close to getting it!" Cross says, his voice strained.

"I mean, I wasn't that close," You reply, "even though I had the knife there, it was still super hard to maintain. Plus, Chara's lovely remarks didn't help,"