Fifteen || Break Out

Hello! Sorry once again for the late update and thank you all for your patience! I've been unable to work on this book as much as usual because of a summer job, along with the fact that my family and I are in the process of moving. I hope you all enjoy this longer chapter! <3

~~~

You approach Nightmare in your newly acquired gown. It was certainly made for a Queen, its billowing navy blue skirt flows all the way down your legs and feels heavier than anything you've ever worn. The top half consists of lacy long-sleeves that are detailed with intricate flower patterns.

None of your injuries are visible beneath the dark lace.

You wonder where Nightmare purchased such a dress, but decide not to question it and be grateful for what you have. He provided you with a pair of flats to match with your gown, they fit perfectly.

As you near Nightmare at his throne, you pause to take a bow. He stares at you intently, secretly admiring you in your breathtaking gown.

"Hello, my King," You say, raising your gaze to meet his, "does this satisfy you?"

"Yes," Nightmare quickly replies, "have a seat in your throne,"

The ruler of darkness continues staring as you make your way to his right, carefully sitting in your shiny throne. He smirks to himself, imagining the look on his brother's face when him and his friends inevitably make their way to his castle. It will be priceless.

Although he won't admit it, Nightmare is taken aback by your beauty. He was so used to seeing you in your bland old uniform that he never took a moment to look past that. Now that you're corrupted by his magic, he can keep you all to himself. He imagines that this is the closest feeling to joy that he will ever experience.

"You wait here," Nightmare instructs, "I'm going to get the others and let them know that they must also serve you,"

"Of course, my Lord," You reply with a smile. Leaving quickly to hide the color rising in his cheeks, Nightmare rushes out of the throne room.

~~~

Horror, Killer, and Dust are the last remaining Sanses who are staying at Nightmare's castle. The three of them teleport to the throne room upon being summoned by Nightmare, each a bit off from where they meant to land because of the new enchantments.

They can sense something...different. A soul. It's strangely familiar, but there's definitely been some kind of shift. The Sanses share a glance, all wondering the same thing. Where is this powerful soul?

Their question is answered when their eyes land upon a human girl. She sits in what must be a new throne, on her head is a shimmering black crown decorated by deep blue sapphires. Her lavish gown tumbles down her legs, it matches the color of her eyes.

Dust realizes something.

"Wait...(Y/N)?" He asks, taking a cautious step forward.

Your eyes meet his and you don't answer. He is one of your followers now, he shouldn't need to ask of your name in such an immature manner.

"Yes," Nightmare says, appearing at your side, "this is (Y/N). I ask that you do not show her any disrespect,"

He shoots Dust a glare, which you notice and smile at.

"She has...realized the error of her past mistakes," Nightmare continues, "she made the choice to obey my request and serve as my Queen,"