𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Okay, but I do have one question."

William sighed, "What is it?"

"How come you didn't kiss Clara back? You did want her back, but now all of a sudden, you don't."

William went silent.
He was thinking of a way to avoid the question.

"You already know why I don't like her, she's a gold digger. I don't feel any affection for her anymore, so there is no point."

He answered part of the question, but it's still not enough evidence to prove why he suddenly didn't like her.

I squinted my eyes at him.

"Don't give me that look of love, now; how about you help me cook dinner?"

An hour later, William and I were done cooking dinner and had almost burned down his house.

"Mike, go wash up dinner is ready," William said.

Mike got up and washed his hands in the kitchen sink.
He sat back down, and William and I both set the food on the table; we had made steak with baked potatoes and corn.

I sat down, and William sat in front of me.
It went dead silent as we ate.

Mike glanced over to his dad.

"Hey, dad."

"Yes, Mike?"

I thought they were going to say sorry to each other, but I was sorely mistaken.

"I heard that three more kids have gone missing."

I felt like slamming my head on the table. This is not a good topic to talk about, especially at the dinner table.

"Are you suspecting me that I was the one who killed them?" William said, knowing that his son knew that it was him.

"Well, yes, I know it's you because I said they were missing, not killed."

William grinned.

"Didn't think you would have noticed that, but yes, I did kill them."

Mike eyed his dad. "Why did you do it?"

"I was stressed, and (y/n) knows what I do to release my stress... the illegal way."

No matter how much I hate agreeing with William, I had to nod my head.

Mike doesn't know what else his father does. He doesn't know about the remnant.

"Fine, but you need to find a way to release your stress that doesn't involve killing."

Now was the time to lighten the mood.

"You know, Mike, there is a way that your father likes to release stress without killing."

William looked me dead in the eyes.

"You wouldn't dare (y/n)," William said.

"I didn't think he did anything that doesn't involve murder," Mike looked at me, shocked.

I nodded my head furiously.
"Oh, but he does. Do you want to know what it is?"

Mike's eyebrows raised in excitement.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes!"

I peered over to William, and he looked like he wanted to kill me.

"It's so weird, but he likes to perform for people. Like a man who kills kids likes to perform for the audience he kills."

Mike started to crack up laughing.
I mean, him liking to perform isn't embarrassing but is quite odd for a killer.

William turned pink from being embarrassed.