Date and Swans

Jo's POV 

I missed seeing Luke off on his date because I was busy getting ready for my own date. Dean picked me up and took me to dinner at a cute little italian place.

The night was fun. Full of talking and laughing. When it's all over I give him a kiss before sliding out of his truck. I see that Luke and Nicole beat me back.

As I walk into the diner Luke and Jess pass me, and walk outside. The door closes and Nicole and I watch them through the window.

They start arguing, and I hang my coat on the rack.

"They have amazing communication," Kirk tells nicole.

We watch as Luke smacks Jess on the back of the head.

"Do you know what's happening?" I ask her.

"I believe Jess wanted to leave us alone for about an hour," Nicole replies.

"Ah," I say with a smirk.

"Oh, sorry. I haven't gotten to meet you yet. I'm Luke's niece, Jo," I say, sticking my hand out.

"Nice to meet you," she replies.

"Same," I say.

They come back in.

"Guess I'm not going out for about an hour," Jess says.

"Say goodnight, Jess," Luke says.

"I don't understand you, man," Jess tells him.

"My mystique is part of my charm," Luke replies.

"You at least want us to take a walk around the block?" Jess asks.

"Jess," Luke says.

"I can take an extra long shower" Jess says.

"Go upstairs," Luke tells him.

"Sorry, I tried," Jess says to Nicole before heading upstairs.

Luke turns back to look at Nicole and I.

"Oh, hi. How was your date?" he asks.

"Good. How about you?" I ask.

"Good. It was good too. Oh, have you two, uh-" he gestures towards Nicole.

"We covered the introductions. Don't worry," I tell him.

"Ok, good," he says.

"Well, I'll let you two enjoy the rest of your evening. I'll just go deal with my lovely twin brother," I say, heading for the stairs.

"Goodnight, Jo," Luke says.

"Goodnight, Luke. Goodbye, Nicole," I say.

"Bye, Jo. Nice meeting you," she replies.

--

Friday Jess went to dinner at Rory's grandparent's house. The same afternoon and evening Dean and I hung out. After school we went to his house and did homework.

I even hung out with Clara for a bit. Then we wandered around town together, stopped by the bookstore for a couple hours, and closed the night by getting dinner at Al's.

I was back home and asleep before Jess got home, and I was up before him to help out in the diner before finally heading to the Dragonfly to work there a bit.

Jess comes down and Luke and I both catch Jess' black eye at the same time.

"Whoa," Luke says.