Thanksgiving

Jo's POV 

It's Thanksgiving day. I got invited to the Kim's along with Rory and Lorelai. I catch them on their way over. We knock on the door, and Mrs. Kim opens it and we are greeted with singing.

"Ah, the Gilmores, and Josephine. Happy Thanksgiving," she says.

The Gilmores give her their gifts and we spot Dave. Lane greets us and explains why he is here and her plan to get Mrs. Kim to agree with them dating.

As we walk to the front of the room, they say hello to people, seeing as they come here every year.

We grab food and stand in the back. Lorelai gets stared down by Mrs. Kim the whole time, which forces her to actually eat the tofurkey.

She complains about feeling sick. I'm happy I was smart enough to avoid the awful stuff.

We walk over to Sookie and Jackson's. Sookie is having a meltdown because Jackson's family is there and they are frying the turkey.

She also freaks out about the dinner at the inn, but Lorelai convinces her it will be fine. She gets a beer and quickly starts drinking her worries away.

"Hey, everybody," Lorelai says, as we walk into the diner.

"Oh, hey there, doll faces. Happy Thanksgiving," Babette greets us.

"Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving," Morey says.

Rory hands Luke his flowers which him and Lorelai bicker about. Luke points out our table, and we spot a mutilated Kirk. He tells us about his crazy cat, also Kirk, and we head over to our table.

"Hey," Jess says walking up.

"Hey," Rory responds, a little awkwardly, and he gives her a quick kiss.

"Hi," he says to Lorelai.

"Hi. Happy Thanksgiving," she says.

We eat, and Luke, Jess and I continue work. Lorelai gives Rory crap about her and Jess' lame kiss, and as Babette leaves with Morey she agrees.

The Gilmores leave to eat her Lorelai's parents' and we spend the rest of the evening working.

--

We were starting to clean up for the night.

"You should get more trash cans," Jess complains.

"I don't need more," Luke states.

"You're making me run around town for a place to dump this," Jess says.

"Just dump it in one of Taylor's bins. It gets it out of here, and it'll drive Taylor crazy. It's a win, win," Luke says.

I help hand Jess the bags just as the Gilmores walk up.

"Hi, guys!" Lorelai says.

"We're out of food," Luke says, as they walk in.

"Oh, please. We're not eating for a year," she states.

"Or 'till tomorrow morning,'" Rory says.

"Whichever comes first. Hi, St. Nick," Lorelai says, looking at Jess.

"Tell him he needs to get more trash cans," Jess complains again.

"Just go," Luke says.

"You got any coffee?" Lorelai asks.

"That I've got. Come on in," he says leading her in.

"Hey, did I see flames come from Sookie's place about a half-hour ago?" Luke questions.

"Yeah, why?" Lorelai asks, like it's nothing.

"How is she?" I ask.

"Hammered."

"Oh, fun."

I keep cleaning and Luke sends them off with a bag of rolls.

"I don't see how you do it," he says, smiling.

"Well, you're not us, are ya? Night, Luke," Lorelai says.

"Night, Luke. Night, Jo," Rory says.

"Night," he says.

"Goodnight," I replied.

Once they leave I look at Luke.

"They must be some kind of magical creatures to be able to eat like that," I tell him.

"Or just crazy," he replies.

\\ AN // -- All grammar, punctuation, and spelling corrections are helpful, encouraged, and greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

-- Izzy