Babies and... Services?

Jo's POV 

I come downstairs and see all of the people with the babies are here like they are every morning.

"No, no, no. I've had enough. Let them go not spend money at Al's. I'm through," Luke says, and I take his place behind the counter.

He stops when he sees a woman start unbuttoning her shirt, causing him to pivot on his heels.

"Is that woman doing what I think she's doing?" he asks Lorelai.

"Oh, well, I can't be 100% sure, but... oh, yeah. That's lunch," she says.

"Why? Why do they do this? This is a public place. People are eating here," he says.

"They sure are," Rory says.

"This can not be sanitary," Luke says.

"I agree. You don't know where that thing's been," Lorelai says.

"The boob, or the baby?" I ask.

"When did that become acceptable? In the old days, a woman would never consider doing that in public. They'd go find a barn or a cave or something," he says.

"They also couldn't vote, or have opinions. Yeah, sure. Let's go back to that," I joke.

"I mean it's indecent. This is a diner, not a peep show," he says.

"Hey, consider making it a combo. You could charge more for your cheeseburgers. Of course no one would ever feel the same ordering a glass of milk again," Lorelai says.

"I have to do something. I just can't stand here and let the lactating continue," he says.

"Luke," Lorelai says, hitting him.

"Gross," Rory and I both say.

"I'm gross? I'm not the one exposing myself for the entire world to see. That's it," he says.

He goes to head over, but comes back.

"You go make her stop," he tells Lorelai.

"I'm not going over there," she laughs.

"Why not? You're a woman," he says.

"So what?" she asks.

"So you have the same parts," he replies.

"What?" she asks.

"You shouldn't be scared of it," he says.

"Scared of it? You know, you're gonna be a bachelor for a really long time," she tells him.

"I am being taken advantage of here, and I do not like being taken advantage of. I hate this," he complains.

Jess comes down and stops the lady.

"Oh, jeez!" he says, rushing back upstairs.

"Okay, well... that was kind of fun," Luke says, as us girls laugh.

--

I'm sitting at the kitchen table doing homework, and Jess walks in dripping wet.

"What happened to you?" I ask.

"Nothing," he replies.

"Did you get pushed in the lake again?" I ask.

"No," he says.

He searches the closet for a change of clothes.

"Well, what happened, Jess?" I ask.

"I was helping Rory with her neighbor's sprinklers," he huffs.