Chapter 14: La Campanella

NAPATINGIN ang lahat ng tao kay Yvette nang bigla itong tumayo sa gitna ng platform.

"Hello everyone!" Yvette greeted while holding a mic na inagaw niya sa kumakanta kanina. It was too late when Andrew tried to stop her dahil nakatingin na ang lahat kay Yvette.

Hindi na niya ito malalapitan dahil kilala din siya ng lahat bilang secretary ni Yveo Leviarez.

Yvette smiled when she received all the attention she needs. Bakit nga ba hindi? She did not wear a mask kaya nakilala agad siya ng lahat.

"To Mr. and Mrs. Lewis, congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary! As a gift, my brother and I brought someone that would entertain us. A highly skilled pianist. She was recommended by a friend. Ms. G, why don't you join me here?"

Yvette smiled sweetly while looking at Gabrielle who was now the center of attention. Wala na ding magawa si Andrew kundi ang mabilis ngunit tahimik na lumapit kay Yveo.

"I was too late, President. Do you want me to make an excuse for Lady Gabrielle and escort her out? " Andrew whispered softly ng makalapit ito kay Yveo.

Yveo glanced at his sister and then stared at his wife. "No need."

Andrew looked surprised nang marinig niya ang sagot ni Yveo. He knew that his Boss is very protective of his wife. They knew what Yvette was up to but his Boss just decided to watch.

How could it be? Did the Boss fall out of love?

On the other hand, Gabrielle raises an eyebrow as she realizes what Yvette was up to.

She just tried to hold back the smirk in her face as she acted troubled and confused on the outside.

She hid the devilish smile that curved on her lips with the wine glass she was holding. What a childish move Yvette.

"Lagot na." Sky whispered beside her.

"I think we should go." Froilan just glances at Sky before turning to Gabrielle. "Miss Gab, you don't have to go."

Sky nodded. "Yeah, ang asawa mo na ang bahala sa kapatid niya."

"Too late. Everyone saw that I came with Yveo. And—" She paused to sip the wine in her hands before she looked at the woman on the platform.

"—A child is asking for me to play, it would be rude of me if I refused. Wouldn't I?" Gabrielle continued with a playful voice na parehong ikinatingin ng dalawang lalaki sa tabi niya not knowing how to react.

"So? Ms. G?" Yvette's smile became wider when she saw Gabrielle looking troubled and hesitant.

The thought that Gabrielle would run away like a scared cat really lightens her mood. She even felt more satisfied when she saw no reaction from her brother.

Gabrielle finally moved closer to the platform. Lumapit din si Yvette sa kanya and pulled her hand to the side where the piano is.

Yvette came closer to her ears and whispered. "Kung ako sayo, aalis na lang ako agad bago ko pa mapahiya ang sarili ko."

She then looked at her with a smug smile and whispered something to the staff not far from her before walking back to Cleo's side.

"So, I am guessing she's not that good?" Cleo asked in a low voice na ikinatango ni Yvette. "Yes, she's stupid."

"Wouldn't that embarrass your brother too?" Cleo asked who also sounded concerned but the truth is wala siyang paki alam.

That would be even better, dahil kapag napahiya si Yveo, mas lalo siyang ma di-disappoint sa babaeng dinala niya.