Chapter 15: She has Returned

THE next day, maagang nagising si Gabrielle para ipagluto ang asawa niya at hanggang ngayun hindi pa din nasasanay ang mga tao sa mansyon sa kinikilos ng babae lalo ang mga chefs sa kusina.

This was actually the first time in one year that she woke up early to make breakfast for her husband. They were all confused. She is really like a completely different person.

Aside from Yveo, Sky and Froilan, wala ng iba pang nakakaalam tungkol sa pagka amnesia ni Gabrielle.

Nang matapos siya, sakto namang bumaba si Yveo, wearing his usual black business attire. He was wearing an inner white polo, black tie and black vest while holding his black coat.

He looked at his wife and the breakfast she prepared.

"You don't have to wake up early to prepare this." Not that he doesn't enjoy his wife's actions but he just doesn't want to tire her out, lalo pa at late na sila nakauwi kagabi mula sa ball.

Napatingin siya sa mga chefs na napayuko.

"If you were always the one to do this then why would we still need them?" Tanong niya na ikinaputla ng mga Chefs.

Hindi naman siguro sila matatanggal sa trabaho diba? Wag naman po sana boss!

Pepeng humingi ng tulong ang mga chefs kay Gabrielle habang panaka naka itong tumitingin sa kanya.

Gabrielle just let out a soft laugh. "You need them, Yveo. I cannot guarantee that I can cook for you everyday but as long as I am here and available, I can prepare these little things for you and of course that is if you want me to."

Yveo only pursed his lips before embracing her. "As long as you are not tired, my wife."

Gabrielle hugged him back and smiled. The chefs silently thanked her while sprinting away from the dining hall as if they were just pardoned from a life sentence.

"Kumain na tayo?"

Yveo just nodded and sat on one of the chairs. "I'll be at work for the whole day. I have important deals and meetings to attend to. Do you have any plans for today?"

Gabrielle put down her utensils and sip her cup of coffee on the table. "How familiar are you with Veronica Monique De'Castro Saavedra?"

Yveo stared at his wife trying to guess why she was asking about another woman. "She is a business partner to one of my business projects."

Tumango lang si Gabrielle while remembering the news she saw earlier. Veronica is the current CEO of VDC Corporation, her company was listed as one of the top leading companies in the country.

Veronica and her husband Terrence Saavedra were all over the news. It said that her husband had an affair and was also charged for attempted murder na hindi niya alam kung totoo o hindi. Veronica's psychological illness was also discovered which lead to internal chaos within their company.

"Kyla told me that Phoenix Publishing was acquired by Bliss Publishing along with the land and later sold it to VDC Corporation, the building was set to be demolished and use the land to build a mall or something."

"I will buy the entire property back. Just give me an hour and you can have it back before the day ends." Seryosong sambit ni Yveo.

Napatawa naman si Gabrielle sa sinabi niya na para bang isang bagong bag lang yung bibilhin niya. "Hindi mo na kailangan gawin yun. Let me do it Yveo. I have my way to have the property back without spending much. I just needed to talk to Veronica."

"Brielle. You know that you can always ask for my help right?"

Ngumiti lang si Gabrielle habang nakatingin kay Yveo. "Oo naman. Pero ayaw kong maging dependent sayo kung alam ko naman na may magagawa pa ako. Just let me do this, okay?"