Chapter 31: Lucky Encounter

GABRIELLE looked at the bright blue sky in tears. Her eyes were full of agony and grief. While falling down from the cliff, everything seemed to move in a very slow motion.

"Why?" She whispered to the heavens before she closes her eyes and drowned deep in the ocean.

. . .

Gabrielle slowly opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling. She wiped the remnant of her tears before sitting down.

These past few days, she kept having the same dream. In the dream, she was dripping in blood as she fell down from a cliff.

Hindi niya alam kung nagrerepresent ba to sa nangyari sa kanya at ng Mommy niya three years ago o kung nagkataon lang na paulit ulit yung panaginip niya.

And everytime she wakes up from that dream, she would be in tears and she would feel her heart ache. It was as if her heart was stabbed a dozen times.

Huminga siya ng malalim para pakalmahin ang sarili bago siya napatingin sa note na nasa ibabaw ng bedside table.

"Good morning my wife, by the time you read this, I have already left for an urgent business trip. I left my best men to protect you and the kids.
I hope you feel better. I miss you already, see you in a few days .<3 "

Gabrielle smiled seeing the little heart shape. She never knew that the cold devil could be this sweet and cute. She then got up and prepared for the day.

***

Few hours later

INSIDE the restaurant in a private room, Gabrielle was crossing her arms above her chest while looking at the two kids who were sitting across her table.

"Bakit nga ba kayo sumunod?" She asked.

She was out to meet someone pero nang makarating siya sa restaurant, Ace and Gray were already behind her.

There were a few bodyguards wearing just black shirts and jeans acting like civilians scattered not far from the area.

Paano niya nalaman? Yun lang naman ang laging suot ni Jay at Jake pag sinusundan siya.

Ace was only playing his nintendo switch and did not respond while Gray looked down. "He told us yesterday that we can come with you."

Napataas ang isang kilay ni Gabrielle sa sagot ni Gray, Halos isang buwan na noong dumating sa kanila si Gray pero hindi niya pa ito narinig na tinawag niya ng Daddy si Yveo.

It was as if he never acknowledged Yveo as his father.

Napatitig lang si Gabrielle kay Gray at bumuntong hininga.

The reason why she hasn't taken the kids outside yet is because she was afraid. Takot siya na mawala ulit si Gray kahit na hindi naman siya pinagbawalan ni Yveo na dalhin sa labas ang mga bata.

Tama naman si Yveo, Gray's abductors were a group of notorious assassins at sa loob ng limang taon, hindi niya ito nahanap pero almost a month ago, biglang sumulpot si Gray.

Sigurado silang may dahilan kung bakit nila pinabayaan si Gray na mapunta ulit kay Yveo.

Gabrielle trusted the child though, she could feel that Gray genuinely looked up to her as his mother.

Lumingon naman siya kay Ace pero patuloy lang ito sa pag lalaro. "Ace?"

Gray was annoyed that his mother was ignored so he snatched Ace's nintendo.

"Heyy!" Masamang tumingin si Ace kay Gray at sa hawak nito.

"Mother is calling you." Malamig na sambit ni Gray.