Chapter 28: The Casting

THE next morning, at a restaurant Gabrielle was sitting with her legs crossed while sipping a cup of coffee with Kyla.

"Grabe, isang gabi pa lang to pero umabot na ng over two thousand yung comments. Maraming nagtatanong sa comeback mo Gabby. Kanina pa ako nakakatanggap ng tawag mula sa mga reporter. Wala ba tayong sasagutin dito Gabby?" Kyla asked.

Gabrielle just kept silent as she looked at her phone ringing before answering the call. "Hello Uncle Ryan? How was it?"

"Gabby? Sigurado ba tong contract ng Imperial Media? They are giving us full authority over the movie's production. They also let us choose who to cast. I've already chosen the leads but Gabby I still need your opinion."

Gabrielle leaned her back on the seat and looked at the person who just entered the restaurant. "No worries Uncle. I've already read the contract and I am okay with it. As for the main cast, I'll trust your judgment."

Rinig niya lang ang buntong hininga ni Ryan sa kabilang linya na para bang hindi pa rin makapaniwala sa nangyayari. "Uncle, I have something else to do. May gusto ka pa po bang e tatanong?"

"W-wala na Gabby. Hindi lang ako makapaniwala na mas marami tayong makukuha sa project na to."

Napatawa lang si Gabrielle, she knew why it was made that way. It was her husband's doing after all.

"It's a win win po for both sides." Which is true, kung magiging successful ang movie, Phoenix Publishing will not just be the one to reap the benefits but also Imperial Media lalo na kung gagawin itong series. Tainted Justice is a very long book anyway.

Pagkatapos ng tawag, text naman ni Sky ang natanggap niya. "Sister In-Law? Sigurado ka bang si Ryan Benitez ang gusto mong maging director ng movie?"

Gabrielle texted back. "Believe me, he is the perfect person to direct this movie."

"Sige na nga, ikaw naman talaga ang tunay na boss eh. Anyway, pag naging flop yung movie. Yung asawa mo naman ang iinisin ko hahahaha."

Gabrielle only smirked and shook her head slowly. Too bad, that won't happen.

Skyler must have forgotten that Ryan was once known as the King of Film Directors and now he is working with the author Genesis herself.

"Ignore them for now." Gabrielle glanced at Kyla's phone that kept ringing nonstop. Ibinaling niya ang tingin sa lalaking kauupo lang di kalayuan sa table nila.

"Is it him?"

Kyla raised her head and turned around to the man in his mid 50's before responding. "Oo siya nga."

Mr. Joe German is a very successful businessman and investor, Kyla just happened to meet him in a business event 4 years ago and exchanged business cards with each other.

She had also been communicating with Mr. German's secretary for the last two days about the investment proposal.

"Okay, let's go."

Kyla closed her laptop and carried it with her before walking towards the man while Gabrielle silently followed.

"Good Morning Mr. German." Kyla greeted with a smile while offering a hand shake.

"I am Kyla Morris. It's nice to see you again."

"Oh, so it's you. And this is?" Mr. German glanced at Gabrielle at the back.

She was about to introduce Gabrielle as the founder and owner of Phoenix Publishing but Gabrielle stopped her by gently patting her arm and stepping forward. "Gabrielle Avelda, her secretary."