Chapter 11: First Date

12:05 pm

THE car stopped in a fancy and exclusive restaurant. Before Yveo could go out of the car, Gabrielle stopped him by holding his hand.

"Dito ba tayo kakain?" She asked.

Yveo tilted his head and looked at Andrew. He ordered Andrew to look for a fancy restaurant that would suit his wife's taste.

Andrew scratch his head. "Uhh, ito kasi ang ang lumabas sa research ko, President."

According to Andrew's research girls like his Lady boss, Gabrielle would love a fancy restaurant with an exquisite yet romantic ambiance. What went wrong with his research?

Gabrielle laughs as she looks at Andrew "Research? Hindi lahat ng babae ganun Andrew. I always thought you're the most perfect secretary my husband could ever have but when it comes to women, uhh... never mind."

Yveo cleared his throat and looked at his wife. "Where would you like to eat?"

Gabrielle acted as if she was thinking. "Paris."

Yveo just simply nodded and casually ordered Andrew.

"Airport."

Napatawa ng husto si Gabrielle at napatingin sa asawa."Nagbibiro lang ako." Damn this guy. Hindi mabiro.

Umiling lang siya at napatingin sa lalaking katabi. Yep, perks of having a super rich husband.

Gabrielle smiled and showed Andrew the address to where she wanted to eat.

Hindi naman iyon ganun kalayo kaya agad nila iyon narating.

Gabrielle looked at Yveo's clothing and smiled. "Buti na lang pala naka casual attire ka."

Yveo was wearing a plain black t-shirt and jeans, far from the dark business suit he always had in his closet.

"Isa na lang ang kulang." Gabrielle murmured before looking around outside. Her eyes stopped at the old man.

Ibinaba niya ang car window and called the sidewalk vendor. Agad naman lumapit ang matanda bitbit ang paninda niyang mga sumbrero at iba pa.

"Magkano po yan?" Turo niya sa sumbrero.

"100 lang po ang isa ma'am."

Tumango naman si Gabrielle at kinuha ang pitaka niya at dumukot ng isang libo.

"Maam wala po akong sukli niyan."

Gabrielle took another one thousand. "Dalawa po, sayo na po ang sukli."

"Ayy, hindi ko po matatanggap yan maam." Sambit ng matanda.

Tumawa lang si Gabrielle at ngumiti ng matamis. "Sige na po tanggapin niyo na po. Advance Christmas gift ko na lang po."

"Naku, maraming salamat po maam. Pagpalain po sana kayo ng Diyos." Halos maiyak naman ang matanda habang nagpapasalamat kay Gabrielle.

Meanwhile, Yveo felt so proud to have a very kind wife. He couldn't ask for more.

The more he was with her, the more he fell deeper.

The truth is, noong lagi niyang nakikita si Gabrielle sa park na umiiyak, he already liked her.

But to ask her for marriage a year ago was a different story. He wanted to get married to stop his parents from meddling in his personal life but he chose her because he liked her the first time he saw her.

Noong mga panahon na hindi pa naalala ni Gabrielle ang nakaraan niya, he really don't mind being ignored by her dahil kinasal lang sila sa papel and he just saw that marriage as a cover up or a role play.