Chapter 2: New Gabrielle

IT was 11 in the morning yet Yveo's room was cold, silent, and dark. The curtains were closed at nakasarado din ang mga bintana.

Tanging laptop lang ang nagsisilbing ilaw sa kwarto niya. He was sitting on the bed and his fingers were typing swiftly on the keyboard.

Tanging pagtitipa lang sa keyboard ang maririnig sa kwarto and not too long when it was instantly replaced by a piano's melody, the tone was slow and lonely.

Yveo's forehead creased and confusion is all over his face. His fingers stopped moving at nilagay niya ang laptop sa bedside table.

Hands on his pocket. Lumabas siya sa kwarto. Yveo was curious of who was playing the piano, aside from him and his dad. Wala ng iba pang may alam sa pagpapiano, pero ang dad niya ay nasa America. They don't even live with him.

So the question is, who is playing the piano?

When Yveo arrived in the music room, napahinto siya at napatingin sa tatlong maids na nakatayo sa harap ng music room.

"Marunong pala si Miss Gabrielle magpiano?"

"Iwan, sa isang taon niya dito. Ngayun ko lang siyang nakitang nag piano."

"Tinuruan ata siya ni Sir. Yveo. Parang ang lungkot ng tinutugtog niya diba?"

Sunod sunod na bulong ng mga maid, one of them saw Yveo and felt his cold aura kaya tumikhim ang isa. The three maids trembled and bow down slightly to Yveo before leaving.

Lumapit si Yveo sa music room and stopped in front of the open door.

The music room's wall was made of glass kaya kitang kita ang nagyayari sa loob.

The woman inside was facing her back to Yveo. Her long, black, wavy hair was like dancing in rhythm. Her hands were expertly moving and tapping the black and white piano keys.

The music she played was hard to play for a mere beginner, kaya nagtataka si Yveo kung kailan natutong mag piano si Gabrielle.

Did she learn it in her month of freedom? Impossible, Yveo knew what was happening in Gabrielle's life dahil lagi niya itong pinasusundan. So where did she learn it?

He never heard her play the piano on her own before and he never expected that his wife was good at it.

Sumandal siya sa door-frame ng pinto habang pinagmamasdan ang babae. And a memory flashes through his mind.

One year ago, Yveo was in the Gates Hotel for a corporate event. Nagpa book siya ng room for him to rest.

On that very day, Gabrielle entered his hotel room, and her beautiful yet pale, shocked expression left a mark in Yveo's mind that day.

. . . .

In Gates Hotel, in a spacious presidential suite. Yveo, Andrew, his secretary, and Froilan, his closest buddy, were talking about marriage and how Yveo's parents pressured him to get married.

"Yveo, pano ba yan? Pinipilit ka ng magpakasal nina tito at tita. At balita ko, ang top candidate na gustong ipakasal sayo ay si Lyla." Froilan chuckled while looking at his childhood friend.

Yveo's parents were forcing him to choose a woman and get married kung ayaw niyang sila ang pipili para sa kanya. Even threatening him, to take away his position from being the CEO of Leviarez Empire.

Are they kidding him? Hindi ba nila nakikita ang mga sunod sunod na success ng kompanya? Bago ipinasa ng dad ni Yveo ang company sa kanya, ay nagkaroon ito ng sunod sunod na problema making it deteriorating and lose its title from being the top company in the country. But when Yveo replaced his father, sa apat na taon lang ay agad niyang nasulbad ang problema at mas lalo pa itong umangat.