Chapter 11: Halo Steak House

Start from the beginning

After only a minute or two, Stress held up a mirror to my face. I blinked in surprise and leaned back, not expecting a mirror to be shoved in my face. The makeup stuff she put on mostly hid my dark bags, but they were persistent. 

"I know you can still see the bags, but that's the best I can do if you don't want the makeup to be too obvious."

"No, no! It's fine, thank you."

"No problem!" The Healer checked her communicator before vibrated her wings her feet lifting off the ground. "Come on! Xisuma is here waitin outside!"

She fluttered off and I raced to keep up. When we made it out of the building, Xisuma walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug. I didn't hesitate before hugging back. When we pulled apart, I turned to look at Stress' base, curious about what is was. I jumped slightly when I saw the huge skull with a flower crown staring at me. 

X, of course, laughed at me, to which I shoved him away. He handed me an elytra and rockets.

"Ready?"

"Nope."

"Let's go."

I chuckled, following my twin into the sky and onto a floating island holding a nether portal. I gasped in surprise as I spun, taking in all the beautiful builds in the jungle. A large, intricate mansion. A small village with sparkling lights and bridges strung between tall, custom trees. A massive, overgrown, stone orange juicer surrounded by iron wrenches. An even bigger tree that towered over everything. A rainbow and freakishly large bugs. A tower that resembled the one from Star Wars in a black, custom biome. A giant drill and smaller vehicles scattered around it.

It was amazing!

"Who built these?"

"Well, this place," he pointed to the skull, rainbows, and bugs, "is Stress' base. The mansion is Grian's, the Avem with a red sweater. He joined last season. The ruins and wrenches is Mumbo's. The tree is Iskall. The Star Wars area is Ren. The village and drill is Scar."

I nodded, still trying to take it in.

"No more wastin' time, loves. We got places to be!" Stress sung as she hopped into the portal and disappeared. Me and X glanced at each other, shrugged, and followed the overly-happy girl through.

It was a short flight to the Shopping District portal, and once we got there, I froze. Xisuma and Stress went through, not realizing I wasn't following.

Is this really a good idea?

I guess nothing is anymore, so I just took a deep breath and stepped through.  

I came out in the lounge area I saw before. I almost turned and fled when I saw most Hermits in the room, but Xisuma grabbed onto my elbow like he knew what I was thinking. Trying not to be too obvious, I scooted over so I stood behind X, hugging myself and studying my shoes. 

Every player in the room turned to look at us, and I only shrunk in on myself more. I could feel their judging, cautious gazes staring me down. X noticed came to my aid by clearing his throat and speaking up. "We are heading to the Hub to hang out, grab something to eat, and run some errands if anyone wants to come."

"Is he going," Keralis' voice wavered as he said it. I cringed, hugging myself tighter. 

"Yes, and so is Stress-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Iskall jumped in. "I'll come." They stood and walked over, not so subtly placing themself between me and Stress. 

"Okay, anyone else?"

Els spoke up, but they made a noise that sounded similar to a keyboard smash brought to life. After a second, Hels spoke. "We're coming." They slid on their helmet over their messy, blonde hair.