Ch.5

Ch.5

Koray p.o.v

I sighed as I looked at the pictures of the men more. New reports of seeing them all over keep coming in. John is worried about what they want. I'm worried about what they're planning.

No word on Drake's whereabouts. Just the thought that he's close but I can't touch him is hard to deal with. Every moment is spent with me hiding out.

John made me understand just how serious it was to lie like that. He says I need to stay low myself and away from others. Drake could think I'm with anyone and snap at anytime. Its scary to think he's stalking me like his prey.

My eyes drift from the papers to my left hand. I wonder what the ring would've looked like. Was is big and shiny, or small and simple? I would like a simply one.

"Damnit Koray!" I curse at myself.

I keep losing focus on the task at hand. Its so annoying that my mind keeps drifting. I want to get this work done. The faster its done the faster I get Drake back.

I lay my head in my hands. I could feel my veins in my head pulse. I was overworking myself but I don't care. I want my dragon no matter the cost.

"Hey now, what's the fuss?" My mother said walking in the kitchen.

I retreated here for fresh air. Me and John both know that Drake could've followed me here. I just don't care. If I run into him then I would be on top of the world. My thirst to know if he's alright will be quenched.

"Nothing, just thinking." I said putting the papers back into folders.

She gave me that look. You know the one where she can almost see right through you. I casted my eyes down pulling the folders close.

"You listen to me, and listen well. Don't lie to me."

My heart did somersaults hearing that. I could practicality see Drake glaring at me as he says that. I stood up quickly and looked at my mother.

She jumped at my sudden movement. "Good lord, what's wrong?"

It took a second but I finally gained control of my body. "Nothing, mom, I'm fine. Just over worked a bit with this." I said motioning to the papers.

She pursed her lips with her hands on her hips. "Well why are you taking on so much work? Set that aside and go spend time with your father. Your worrying me, and call Sam." She said sternly before walking out.

I nodded and watched her go. Maybe calling my best friend will help. It would be a nice change.

I pulled out my phone putting in Sam's number. It ringed once before her voice shouted through the line.

"You fucking dick head!!! Why haven't you been over to see me?! I've been worried and scared!! I will kill you! Are you even listening?!!" She screamed.

I could only smile at her voice. I held the phone close as she yelled. It felt good to hear her voice.

"I was listening Sam. I'm sorry, I'm over my parents house."

She sighed and grumbled. "You better be ok. I've been so worried I couldn't watch Bones. Bones!"

I laughed at her and looked at the papers. "I've been caught up in work. Don't worry I'll make it up to you."

"You better Stone. How you been holding up without Drake?" she asked softly.

I sighed and kept quiet. I'm sure she understood how I was feeling. She was always great that way. I wouldn't mind if she came over and slapped me for being so depressed. I wanted what was mine. I can't have that with Zero at our necks.