Ch.10

Ch.10

Drake p.o.v

Whatever was happening in the home I was raised in, Silvia didn't know about tonight. I tried to keep up with her and Koray but it was getting harder. After he pulled me out with that trick of his I haven't been focused. Silvia couldn't get a read on things and we both knew what that meant. She was being blocked out by someone with almost as much energy as she had. I was supposed to be dead, our father is still away, that left one person.

Julian. 

Of course it's just an assumption but I knew it had to be that sneaky, slimy, waste of flesh. He was always up to something and I was going to find out what it had to do with Koray. I should've killed that brother of mine when I had the chance but family means too much to my father. This time there's no one to get in my way after he's gone. 

The paperwork I had taken a look at while John was sleeping was just more incident reports on what's been happening to our members. Some of them were loyal men to my bloodline that were targeted and that didn't sit well with me at all. Something big and annoying was going down soon and I was itching to get involved just to pull Koray out of it. I wanted him to know I was no longer angry at his dramatic actions but I was pissed more at myself for believing them. 

There was a heavy knock on my car window making me lesson my grip on my steering wheel. Glancing over at the person that interrupted me the twitchy informant avoided my eyes. Opening my car door to step out he backed up a bit to give me space. 

The meeting point was a few miles out of my comfort zone. It was awake from my territory and assured me no one was watching. The informant i have been using for years. As suspicious as I found him, he could blend in nearly everywhere. His family was under my families protection as long as he stayed loyal. His task now was to meet with Julian and give the latest detail about any traders or missing information not reported. 

Of course he thinks I'm Julian. Dear sister was sneaky and useful enough still. 

"Don't waste my time Carter." Were my first words to him. My stance relaxed and chest out while looking down at him. It was easy to mimic Julian's ego.  

Carter shifted in his place before nodding quickly. "The runner boys on the west got picked up by the police. Our product  is gone but we managed to pay the cops off to let the boys go. They'll be working over time. Zane at the factory is missing three trucks full of goods from his books. He doesn't seem to care so he could be taking the goods himself. I'm not fully sure." Carter shifted in his spot while trying not to cave from under my stare. This information was useful but not what I wanted. "Some of the Russian boys are trying to get into the black market harder and take over Drake's old moving flows. They are disrupting the Japanese and its pushing us back a bit further." 

I never did like the Russian mafia. A bunch of greedy brutes that never has enough. I worked hard on making my routs for a perfect flow and they better not fuck it over. 

"The preparations for your meeting tonight is good to go." I gave him my full interest as he started speaking on something new. "We have a few men all over and a sniper on the roof if Mike tries anything. After Koray is dropped off we leave the rest to you." I watched Carter slightly seething. 

Forcing myself to calm down I gave a sharp nod before crossing my arms over my chest. "What else do you know about this meeting tonight. I want to be sure about something." 

Carter lifted his eyes to glance at me before twitching and looking away. "Its the meeting to talk about what happened a few years ago right? To address the new men and clear Drake's name from their list and stop the attacks on his gang? The location changed so I don't know where."