damn the world.

Then there is pain , the pain which even the painkillers shan't thaw. The degrading feeling which was rather more futile than pain itself is the very inkling  of helplessness and foreboding that seemed to trail behind me like my shadow.
Tears enveloped my eyes, at the very thought of Mike. "Where is he, is he safe? "
I desired to kill myself than being this useless. My lips quivered at the very thought Mike would he be in peril. "Please God, please let Mike be safe, ".

Suddenly someone banged on the door, initially I hushed it away stating it must be a hunch, but I was wrong. The banging grew louder as time surged. I slowly staggered ahead with the pen knife, the thump on the door reverberated through my body.

I peeped out of the keyhole to find Mike slouching and whimpering in agony. I burst open the door to witness Mike , mixed feeling of fear happiness and terror embraced me.

The happiness was replaced with dread as i enciphered the direness of the situation. I scooped towards Mike who was on my doorway bleeding, the blood pooled around him, the white tile remained lathered and smeared with blood.

My hands and legs trembled. Mike rushed inside closing the door behind him and collapsed on the floor.

Mike.... Mike.... I cried in anguish.

"I am alright "he replied in a muffled voice , smiled and fell unconscious in my arms.

I dialled the ambulance and the officer. Mike was rushed to hospital.

I sat there in front of the intensive care unit covered in blood , the pain due to the cut in my stomach augmented which I chose to ignore.

A hand rested on my shoulder, turning around my eyes met officer Stanley.  Smiling I alighed to greet him. The sharp pain in my abdomen aggravated.

"So Mike" started Stanley as I yelped clutching my stomach. ..... The pain blinded my eyes before darkness enveloped me.

----------------------

Mike sat there at the end of the hospital bed caressing Elena who was unconscious.

He didn't know she was direly wounded even worse than him, she strained herself too much  for him that caused her present state.

He wasn't sure, he would make it out alive. Before he died he wanted to see the only woman he ever loved Elena drewstone .

_____________________

Mike's pov

She was stunning even when she is sick. She has grown so thin, so feeble, so fragile like the withering petal of the rose. He clasped her fingers in his, those tiny fingers rested against his. But she was stronger than any man, her resolve like steel. How she stood fearlessly by his side when he himself faltered.

I acted like an womanizer to make you startle in envy but you didn't. And when at last you agreed to date me, the world appeared a orchard to me , but slowly I realised you were sacrificing your heart yet again for me.

How can I let you suffer my love, trying to teach yourself to love me when your heart held someone else. Tutoring yourself, yet denied by the chasms of your heart. Everyday you struggled , growing uncomfortable still smiling like it never did.

So my love, I acted like a womaniser, a flirt so you wouldnt have to be uncomfortable again. I gnawed the agony within. When no woman in the face of earth can be you.... I can't die, what if the guy in your heart doesn't treat you well. I will just stand by your side probably like a flower pot in the window sill. I can't help but wish only if it was me. The guy you love....
He told himself

Elena whimpered in pain unconsciously in her slumber.

Mike's heart wrenched at her pain as tears raced down at his helplessness.

Behind the glass that seperated the room stood Alan staring at Elena from afar,  whose heart ached at her pain and only wished if he was Mike. 

*****""""""""""*******"

What should I do?
To be that guy in your heart,
To hold your hand
And walk in the moor

In the summer breeze,
As the wind chimes in,
Tickling your strands
I'd peer into your eyes.

What should I do?
To be the only one
In your eye and
Your heart.

Dear I have nothing
More to ask.
You are my river,
My mirror.

In a zillion stars my love,.
I know you are
The one for me
For your smile allures

Yet more than the
Brightest one out there
What should I do
My love??